• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid - PIN wire wrapping for Tualatin Celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spajky2, those were some interesting schematics on getting the fan RPM sense to work on the 7V mod! I thought about that problem for quite some time awhile back when designing my fanbus. Ended up just using the method of varying the + voltage with a pot/NPN transistor setup.

BTW, I would appreciate your opinion on whether my description here on
how the RPM monitoring works is accurate or not, as I'm always trying to get a better understanding of that.

Thanks! -- Paul

I'd like to thank JCLW for the nice pics and explanations he posted in here on the socket trick. I pulled my P3 1.26S system down today to install the components in a better case and decided to do the wire in the socket vid mod on my GA-6OXET board, which has the cold boot problem when overclocking too high for the default vcore of my P3S proc. After doing the socket mod and getting the rig back together, I was able to go into bios and set my fsb to 166 and enable the pll divisors to keep my PCI bus speeds down and successfully run. Previously, the highest speed I could boot up air cooled was around 158-159 fsb and not use the pll divisors at all. I'm going to leave it at 166 fsb and 1.75 v vcore for a few days folding and check overall stability but I think this proc can still go higher air cooled. About a year ago, I had this proc up to a 180 fsb using water cooling and a 120 watt pelt but I never could get near this speed before using air cooling.

Yeah, I know that I got a pretty good chip with this proc. Another thing that is helping me out is this mobo I'm using, which has the pll circuits that give me 1/5 and 1/6 divisors. That way, my PCI bus doesn't go screwy on me with these high fsb speeds. I'm cooling the proc with an original Kanie Hedgehog, which was one of the first all copper hsf's on the market. It's working well; my cpu temp is only 34 C while folding right now.

Yes, to turn a "0" into a "1" you must insulate it.

Some methods people use include:
- Nail polish on the pin(s)
- Remove the contacts inside the socket (but then they're gone for good)
- Wrap pin with tape
- Find some very small wire (ie: 80 pin IDE ribbon cable) and strip a bit of of the sheath off and stick it on the pin
- Or you could just remove the pin, but I'd only do that as a last resort

- JW

at last i got my mini itx board and managed to underclock my 1.2 tul tb1 to 12x71mhz with 1.1vcore :) , lowered the cpu fan voltage to 5v . cpu temp never goes over 38.

Hi, and welcome to the forums! Sounds like a nice, extremely quiet setup! How's the performance hit? -- Paul

How do i get 1.725v and 1.75v on a tualatin compatible mobo(ga60xt-a)?
I already did vid1 to vid2 connection which gave me 1,65v,and can only go upto 131fsb.
I have a 1.1a sl5ze and can go upto 140 on a bx board using 1.75v

Celeron Mania

My three SL5ZE Celly 1.0A runs 1450 at 1.475V, and all of them actually could run 1500 but I lost the onboard soundcard due to 150FSB. These chips run on generic mobo ECS P6-IPAT. Stabililty is 100% stable with Mushkin High Performance Rev.3 SDRAM PC133 @ CL2-2-2-5/7. The temp. is 33C - 39C.

I have two SL68P Celly 1.2A runs 1680 at 1.600V with Gigabyte GA-6OXTA. My OC is currently limited to 140FSB due to generic SDRAM or incompatibility problems with Hynix Modules. As soon as I get SDRAM replacement ( no more Hynix!!! Micron 7E Only) I will test again to hit 1740 MHz. It boots at 1740 but I see so many dll. warnings.

you are right.My problem is the generic sdram.I replace the 1 of the 2 256/133 sticks i have and i can go upto 139 fsb but not very stable .i get errors all the time and this have to do with my crappy ram.
it seems that gigabyte mobos dont like the generic rams.

Peter007 said:
Originally commented by Pinky on why "Wire-Wrap is prefer over Pin-Hole"

The concern I expressed regarding placing wire in the socket is not what happens once the CPU is inserted, it's while the CPU is inserted, and that it could push, pull, tug, etc the wire loose if not done properly.

There's risk involved with both methods, I find less risk with wrapping since I can clearly see and have more control over the movement of the wire...

BTW, gg, that link you have/had in your post is probably not allowed by forum rules. You may want to edit your post to remove it _____________________________________

I FRIED 2 Celerons doing the Pin-Hole Method!

Apparently, A strand of the thinwire GOT PULLED under during the CPU insertion and touch all kind of VID1+2+3 etc....
and create a Dangerous Voltage to Fried my CPU

:rolleyes: Wow.... sorry man... odds of courage...
To avoid this problem I usually put a very very small amount of simple glue in the minuscle space between the holes, where the "u" stays... I can shake and turn the adapterup/down... and it sits there...

k i am a retarded goof that hasn't gotten enuff sleep this weekend and stayed up way too late, but to get my cele-t 1.4 to a 1.8 vcore??? which pins?? i am way too confused...

ok ok i learned, sumthing discard that last post, but why is the wiretrick acting wierd on my mobo it has official tua support. i mean i can hit a 2.075 vcore. mind you my slot is a universal slot(blue) the mobo is only supposed to support vcore of 1.8.

Is it posible to connect some of the other Vid pins to get higher voltage? Like connect 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2?

Back