• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video beep error after computer is on for a few minutes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bhajun

Registered
'ello folks,

so i've run into a bit of a problem. i had recently (a month or so ago) upgraded my water cooling tubing on my rig. now, my computer will boot up for a few minutes (hopefully i get this posted quickly) and then error out with the 1 long, 2 short beep code, which is my video card error card by my understanding.

obviously the video card is still functional and all that, as i am currently able to use my computer without issue. but what would cause spontaneous video card error?

i the water cool system is toped up with distilled water / bactericide. i can see good flow through the system. the radiator fans are good, no dust. no bubbles. i also had a hardware monitor running and would stare at it and did not notice any crazy temps.

although when my computer does crap out on me, i cannot reboot it successfully. as if i am forced to wait for it to cool . . .

am i at a point that i need to redo my water cooling again? can i make the assumption that the hardware is fine and it's all the watercooling?

any input would be greatly appreciated. validation if nothing else.

thanks!
-bhajun

Back