• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card agp upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeff8428

Registered
I am going to eventually build a new sydstem but for now would like to get everyones opinion on a decent card that will play Hitman Blood Money and some of the other new games. My system is a Epox mb with 2100 athlon, Leadtek Ti 4200 card AGP ( that evidently won't play the new games because of vortex and pixel shading 2.0). 1 gig DDR 2700. Don't want to put a fortune into it because of the new PCI Express. Anyone know what cards will play those newer games until I can afford the new system. Hoping to spend 50-120 dollars if possible. I know that won't anywhere near buy the best but something that will play decently. Appreciate any help you guys can give me. Nvidea cards only please, have had NO LUCK with ATI

Thanks for your help

Can't figure out how to change my signature but have added 512 ram and got rid of the ATI card for the Leadtec

Well your processor is gonna bottle neck with too much of a card. I would look at something like a 6800.

He said that he wanted no ATi so a 6600 GT is pretty close to a 9800pro. A little newer pipes and shaders will help regardless.

Back