• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card going bad??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CBritton

Hey guys. I figured this would be the best place to ask this question. Does this sound like a video card going bad. Once I leave my computer running for a few minutes I will start getting tiny specks on my screen. If I minimize a window for example red specks might be left from where the window was. If I start scrolling a page for example this forum the letters on the screen will start breaking up. Other times all the letters get real blurry like I am almost drunk. Sometimes images and letters will start overlapping when you scrolll a page. Some webpages will just completely screw up my computer where I have to restart my computer. I've noticed that my video card is hot when I touch it. The card is a Nvidia Ti 4600 is it possible for it to be overheating? I have my computer where it double boots in XP and 2000. I noticed it does the same thing in 2000. Anybody have any suggestions?

i had the same problems with my ti4400. both times the memory on the card went bad... probably the same thing... sorry... (sucks doesn't it)

mbentley said:
i had the same problems with my ti4400. both times the memory on the card went bad... probably the same thing... sorry... (sucks doesn't it)

Agreed

Specks on the screen are definitely an indicator of faulty memory. Lockups are usually attributed to a failing core.

yup, it could be going bad.....are you currently OCing it...if so, take it back to normal speeds and see if it helps.

If you aren't OCing it, you may want to take it down to below it's normal speeds to see if the artifacting stops. If it does, then you know what is wrong.

Back