• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video cards are sold out everywhere!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anyone been following the ebay auctions for AMD cards? Used 480's and 580's going for way over retail.

7950's going for 150.00 US?

View attachment 191682

If you own an AMD card, now is the time to part with it.

Yep that's a pretty standard price for one now. I sold my GTX 1070 for a big profit, maybe my Sapphire HD 7950 is next. I'll be at the beach most of the summer anyway, so why not dump it. :sly:

I think they mean use this card as a second with a normal Rx and use CF
I guess I hadn't thought of that. Ill bet the mining cards have a tweaked bios though so I wonder if it would make sense to do that. Hmmm... If it was flashable to a regular RX bios... I hope someone gets one and makes a post about it after they tinker around a bit :)

That's what I was thinking too. I doubt it has the xfire port since it's missing the others. Plus IIRC DX12 eliminates the need.

With DX12 the game needs to support (AFR) or (SFR) when using differing video cards.

Last edited:
Mine with 270s or something back in the day laughable how bad that looks now it was baddd then lol, yeah should probaly get the 1070/1080 if you're not real big on gaming anymore or mild like yeah 1060 or 580 something cool there is about right.

Yeah, this renewed interest in mining is messing with used card pricing as well, at least for more recent cards.

You could have bought a used GTX 980 Ti on eBay about 3-4 weeks ago for $260-320. Now they're $340-420 more often than not, and I probably haven't seen a used working one go for less than $330-335 for at least two weeks now.

On the bright side, this is great if you're in the market to sell one (or more), not so great if you're looking to buy though.

I wonder if my 780 Ti will increase in value for the miners on a tighter budget.

Just sold my Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X OC's for $185.50 +$10 Shipping and $177.50 +$10 Shipping on ebay before fees... never thought I'd get that much for them!

My new Aorus GTX 1080 Extreme clocked in at a 40% increase in 3DMark Firestrike over the crossfired 7970's!

Back