• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Converter Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madengineer

Hey all, I'm currently looking for a program that i can use freely to convert a heap of Video files.

Currently i'm using Full Video Converter 9 Free edition. but its giving it really bad quality.

I'm needing to knock down certain clips about 100mb's

I understand i'll loose some quality, But the quality that i'm getting stuck with is unacceptable for only a slight decrease in size.

Handbrake

Free and totally customizable.

If wanting quick sync than try media espresso. Less customizable but way faster just not free

What would be a good program to use that would allow me the ability to choose the frame width, Frame Height, Bitrate and file size?

Basically, i want to be able to create a file the same quality, and size that you can download on the internet. (The 350mb files)

Cheers

What would be a good program to use that would allow me the ability to choose the frame width, Frame Height, Bitrate and file size?

Basically, i want to be able to create a file the same quality, and size that you can download on the internet. (The 350mb files)

Cheers
Again, Handbrake can do this. :eh?:

To queue, click the "Add to queue" button. You can then show the queue and start it. I've had queues in excess of 100 video files, so you can load it up.

Screenshot-HandBrake.png

Again, Handbrake can do this. :eh?:

To queue, click the "Add to queue" button. You can then show the queue and start it. I've had queues in excess of 100 video files, so you can load it up.

View attachment 104991

Kk, thanks. Will be giving that a try. I'm going through the hastle of ripping and downsizing my Stargate collection. I have all of SG-1 and SGA on collection, but over the years they have accumulated scratches and wear, so i dont want them unplayable. Which is why i'm copying them. Watch the copy, spare the original.

EDIT: Beware of SUPER's new versions. Build 52 downloads sono_ask_check.exe
[DETECTION] Contains recognition pattern of the ADSPY/AdSpy.Gen adware or spyware
It may not be dangerous but it is crapware. Build 33 is the last version which can be installed without internet connection.

Try Super , it's Totaly free
Second.

To download the free setup file:
Enable your JavaScript, clear your Internet Explorer cache, do not block your http_referrer, do not use a proxy.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Start Downloading SUPER ©
Then click on SUPER © is a FREE Multimedia software to download and use
Then *WAIT* about 30 seconds or so, then click on Download SUPER © setup file

Last edited:
"+ infinity" for handbrake. Been using it for a long long time. Handles stuff like AC3 and DTS Passthru in mkv, and is very flexible overall. The PC Perspective gang uses it everyday to render their podcasts, etc.

I'll peek at Super and see if it is worth DL'ing.

I just built a Sandy Bridge system last month - and I am curious about Quick Sync and media espresso. How does media espresso comapre to Handbrake with regard to rendering quality - and can it do AC3/DTS pass-thru (a must for most of my personal rips)? Then how much quicker would media espresso via Quick Sync be with similar settings on a 4.5GHz 2500K? My HD3000 Graphics are enabled - so I should have access to Quick Sync IIRC...

:cool:

"+ infinity" for handbrake. Been using it for a long long time. Handles stuff like AC3 and DTS Passthru in mkv, and is very flexible overall. The PC Perspective gang uses it everyday to render their podcasts, etc.

I'll peek at Super and see if it is worth DL'ing.

I just built a Sandy Bridge system last month - and I am curious about Quick Sync and media espresso. How does media espresso comapre to Handbrake with regard to rendering quality - and can it do AC3/DTS pass-thru (a must for most of my personal rips)? Then how much quicker would media espresso via Quick Sync be with similar settings on a 4.5GHz 2500K? My HD3000 Graphics are enabled - so I should have access to Quick Sync IIRC...

I use Media Expresso: super fast (3 to 5 times faster than with HD3000 disabled) and top quality.

Using a program called badaboom Works pretty good for single files. I found a guy who made a batch converter that I'm going to test when I have some time. Batch Converter info here

What I plan on doing if it works is to use source

D:\media\Movies\

Output

D:\media\Ipad\Movies

Nothing worse then converting stuff right before a trip and dealing with damn apple bs

+1 for SUPER but,

I just downloaded new version of SUPER & it wont install for some reason it wanted to install some toolbar junk I unchecked that box and refuses to install. I reverted to an old version and it seems to block it stating a newer version exist & mine is corrupted and automatically starts Firefox and takes me to the download page; ???? Anyone running the new SUPER_v2012b50 with same issues?

IT all depends. with a 2600K sometimes CPU encoding is faster. Media Espresso is easy to use and offers a decent amount of features. teh only problem with quick sync is it will not do surround sound. Stereo audio only.

I use Media Espresso: super fast (3 to 5 times faster than with HD3000 disabled) and top quality.

Can be faster than 2600K all depends on the file size. For Z68 reviews I used handbrake vs media espresso converting 1080P surround "big buck bunny" into various formats.

Using a lower resolution source the 2500K wins (IE converting to 320x180 or 640x480) Converting to 720P ME was always faster and transcoding 1080P ME destroys handbrake.

The Handbrake converted files are almost always smaller in finished size though. Allows integrated subtitles, chapters, trimming files, custom resolution, B frame adjustments the whole 9

I started useing Handbrake when I got my first q6600, its a pretty good app for it being free.

I use it for all of my vids, for music I use AVS. They are very multi thread friendly :thup:

Back