• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Viewsonic vx2258 Touchscreen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Greetings.

I made another thread about this display but it was a different question. So i made a new one to ask this question..

My office just picked up this display and since its an 'extra' i decided to mess around with it to see what it can do. Well since i have yet to enable the on board video on my dell (to add it as a 3rd display) ive been trying to hook it up to my mac mini.

Turns out it seems to be more difficult than i thought it would be. You would think with all the touch interface Apple is spewing out, that their mac OS's would support touch screen displays. However i cannot seem to get this display to function fully with the mini (which is running x10.7.4).

It works as a display, and looks fairly nice. However the touch interface doesn't function. Which is weird, considering when i touch the screen, the cursor disappears, which seems to indicate that it knows Something is there, it just doesn't know what to do with it.

Anyone have any ideas? or know of where i can find osx drivers for this? or know how to get it to work with out them? Ive looked on viewsonics site and they only have windows drivers for this (yet the cd that came with it says it would work on osx 10x)

Thanks in advance.

Is it Apple certified? IE, does it cost 2-3x as much then its normal non-Apple certified version, even though the only difference is a small code in the bios of the item that allows it to be recognized as a Apple certified item?

Seriously though, if its not "Apple certified" there may not be any drivers available for it, and it may not be usable with a Mac even if there are some drivers available.

Back