• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vinyl tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R1Rider

Registered
A friend gave me a water cooling setup that consists of a radiator with 2 120mm fans, water block and pump/reservoir. I picked up some cheap vinyl tubing from Home Depot and some strong spring clamps. I currently have distilled water and a little CLR running through to clean and check for leaks. IT IS NOT INSTALLED IN PC YET. Has anyone else used these primitive supplies? I have a bottle of Ice Dragon ready to go in. Not sure if I should order some new connections/tubing or run it as is.

So far no leaks with the clamps on. I think I need some tubing that is a little softer though.

Last edited:
Those fans... tiny. :p

Ice Dragon... gimmicky...

I would check out the watercooling sticky threads on which tubing to use. I have never used anything from Home Depot, there may be plasticizer in it that will stain the tubing and clog things (perhaps along with the Ice Dragon stuff - Its always best for minimal maintenance anyway, to use distilled and some PT nuke).

I'm sure the clamps are fine as there are several ways to skin a car as far as that goes.

120mm I cant type on a laptop to save my life. I need to get my PC back up ASAP!!! lol

I heard ice dragon was the best stuff lol

yeah, I was thinking minimal maintenance aswell........

You may want to read the water cooling sticky threads... there is a lot of information there you will(should) learn before getting into things... :)

If I run distilled water and a little antifreeze, will that act as a biocide? Im trying to hold back on more orders at this time. I need to get this PC working. Its pretty much a new build. I think Im gonna get some small T's with valves on them for easy draining and get some better line and quick disconnects but for now, I just want to get it working adequately with out cutting any major corners.

the antifreeze will act as a biocide at aroud 25%, use the HOAT, stuff for ford and mazda.
the cheap, clear tube will haze over very quickly and be ugly.

do like earthdog said, READ the stickies, not just skim over them.

ask all questoins, none are dumb, I am about to ask one myself.

Back