• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Beta 2 (anyone play with it yet?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ludeboy12 said:
deathman20: flip3d is win+tab

Ya went out to websites to check it out and some other features to disable or change currently. Looks cool but I'd prefer a slighly crisper text and maybe not as bright, looks like there shinning some bright light on it.

Not currently yet. As someone said earlier theres a possibility of a public on in April.

ludeboy12 said:
damn i wish i had an MSDN subscription.....id love to test this past 14 days....oh well....

deathman20: flip3d is win+tab

howd you get it if you don thave an msdn?

dawei213 said:
It "was" awesome? Then I'm assuming you took it off your system? Still not stable enough to be your day to day OS?

Actually I took it off my system because i wanted a fresh reformat.

Now build 5308 is out.. hmm to try or not to try?

Heck, I just downloaded it using uTorrent. Uses a bucketload of HDD space, but I've got to say the interface is very nice. I find it nice and fast also. I'm just hoping that my current games run ok on it. I'm very keen to get hold of a 64-bit version of this OS and see how it runs.

mjw21a said:
Heck, I just downloaded it using uTorrent. Uses a bucketload of HDD space, but I've got to say the interface is very nice. I find it nice and fast also. I'm just hoping that my current games run ok on it. I'm very keen to get hold of a 64-bit version of this OS and see how it runs.

This is illegal! Discussion of P2P/Filesharing etc is NOT allowed here, please read the forum rules.

It's just Beta software though right? I haven't activated/cracked it or anything. Just tried it. Will be removed shortly as it expires after 12 days.

Sorry, didn't know P2P wasn't allowed here. Won't mention it again.

I understand, but anytime there will be a MOD in here now saying blah bah blah, read the forum guidelines "or you should have since your supposed to when you join the forums".

deathman20 said:
LOL you don't want to know what IE is at currently then. 223megs

Thank god I got 2gigs of ram.

223 megs??? That's freakin ridiculous! And bloated code as well. If that's the case, I'll definitely be using Firefox or other 3rd party browsers in the future more often.

Ic3d said:
I understand, but anytime there will be a MOD in here now saying blah bah blah, read the forum guidelines "or you should have since your supposed to when you join the forums".

I joined in 2004. I can't remember that far back...... You know how it is. :shrug:

dawei213 said:
223 megs??? That's freakin ridiculous! And bloated code as well. If that's the case, I'll definitely be using Firefox or other 3rd party browsers in the future more often.

Heck, I only use Firefox anyway. Better security, even if that is simply because IE is the dominant web browser. Besides, it's already got a tabbed interface and ad blocking (AdBlock). I don't need an updated IE as what I'm already using does all I need it to do. :)

I'm an MSDN subscriber, but I cant seem to find the download link for it. I'm signed in, and looking at the update notes for February, but i'm not seeing the link anywhere for build 5308. Was it removed or something?

to be honest i think vista is very bad. the networking features are terrible in my book. i think it was rushed. but then i h8 all windows (except 3.11 thats awesome) only reason im using win 2000 is because it runs games that linux wont. :(

asusradeon said:
to be honest i think vista is very bad. the networking features are terrible in my book. i think it was rushed. but then i h8 all windows (except 3.11 thats awesome) only reason im using win 2000 is because it runs games that linux wont. :(

To be fair it is a Beta...........

Curious, is it bloated like other Windows version?

Could you imagine how many more copies MS would sell if they just offered a stripped down OS, no MSN, IE, Messenger, WMP, just a plain ol' OS. Idiots (MS).

cornbread said:
Curious, is it bloated like other Windows version?

Could you imagine how many more copies MS would sell if they just offered a stripped down OS, no MSN, IE, Messenger, WMP, just a plain ol' OS. Idiots (MS).

Bloated why of course.

I read an article last week, weather its true or not well find out eventaully. Anyways it was stating in there that all versions of windows are identical at least from whats on the DVD to what the customer gets. Weather it be a basic home edition, or the ultimate gamer edition. If its true if you have a home edition and want to upgrade to a one better suited for you, all you have to do is go buy a serial from MS and type it in. Then you'll be upgraded and have all the features unlocked.

Anyways I've messed around with it a little more not to much more to say about it currently.

I just wish MS would give users the option to install the "bloat" upfront, not install it then let you decide if you want to keep it or not. Sure, having it on the cd is fine with me, but let ME choose if I want it or not.

Back