• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista x64 bios flash help requested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkside1016

I'm trying to update my bios for my DFI ICFX3200, the RD600 chipset.

I have windows ultimate x64, and winflash doesnt seem to want to work, and I do not have a floppy drive... I have the image.bin that I need, but I do not know how I should go about flashing it.

At worst I know I can get a small flash drive and fake it into acting like a floppy drive and boot off that, but I would probably need some guidence on that considering I could really mess up my sytem.

I could also boot into windows 98 off a disk at a last resort aswell.

If anyone knows any bios flash utilities that work for x64 vista let me know to save me some time and pain.

It's an award / pheonix bios.

Thats what I was asking, I do not have the 64bit version of winflash and I do not know where to get it, if there is a 64bit version.

The error I get is "OnBoard BIOS Not Award BIOS!", I found a 64bit version of winflash and I still get the same error.

using a flash drive is simple. Extremely similar to using a floppy, procedure wise. You put the bios on the flash drive> reboot>Use your update bios software and it should ask if you want to use a floppy or USB drive, you'll select USB drive... it'll do its thing, reboot, and you'll be set.

At least thats the way it works on a P5W DH, dunno about the X3200-- although I cant imagine it being too much different.

Back