• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volatge too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Prime95 test passed with min 44c max 49c temps again!

Yes, but the timings will probably need to be manually adjusted in bios. Have you done that before? We'll cross that bridge . . .

I think at this point you need to start doing 2 hour Prime95 stress tests. 20 minutes is economical time wise at the front end of the overclock process but its not enough to confirm stability.

If necessary to get your memory where you want it, you can down clock the CPU multiplier if the CPU starts to become unstable. You've only got a little bit to go to get to 666/1333 however.

Try 250 mhz bus just as a round number. 2 hours. If you pass that then go for the timings and retest for two hours. If you haven't done so already, bump up your ram voltage from 1.5 to 1.55 just for some insurance.

Bed time.

Another 20 minute test passed with max cpu temp @49c.

Changed the ram timings. Left Command Rate set to Auto..should I change it to 2T?
The Ram voltage in the bios and at post screen says 1.6. Is that ok? The only options are for 1.5-6,7,8,9,2.0.
I'm going to let Prime run tonight. I'll let you know in what happens.

finaloc37.jpg
finalramoc.jpg
finalspdoc.jpg

Man I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this. I NEVER thought I could get that much outta this proc :)

gaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Last edited:
I think there's a little more in that CPU, yet. Those Athlon II X2s are great overclockers because they run so cool.

If the ram running at the given frequency and 1.6v with a CR of 1T proves to be stable then run it that way.

Test ran solid. No errors ..temps stayed cool..didn't break 50c.
I think I'll keep it here for about a week.
If I have no problems I'll go for 4.0ghz :D

Thanks again Trents!

Watch your ram frequency as you go higher with the overclock. It will climb too. At some point you may have to knock the ram's starting speed down in bios to something slower to accommodate that and keep it stable. And that might create a performance penalty that will negate the higher core overclock. Look for balance between CPU speed and ram speed.

Bump..

I pushed the fbs speed to 250 and started getting errors with prime now. I think it's my mem speed. It's getting pushed over 1333 when I set the fbs speed above 250. My board/ram are only rated to handle 1333 max. I was going to pull back the setting in bios for mem speed but it's already at the lowest setting of 800hmz. Have I hit a wall here?

Back