• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

***Volt Mod's For AsRock SataII***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
About to do a few mods all at once but want to be sure of vdimm gnd.

In the pic transistor is number 1 and it has GND on the upper right area but does this mean that solder point directly below where it says GND is to be used for GND? Or do I use Pin11 which I guess is two above Pin9?

vdimm2.jpg

I did the OCW vCore mod and the RHCF vDimm mod with conductive grease but I'm not sure they're working... vCore stays at 1.150 and not 1.550 like it should be. Also how do I monitor vDimm? Speedfan and the BIOS don't pick up anything around the 2.5-3.2V I should be seeing.

My conductive grease is pretty old (from the days of unlocking AXP's) so could it have expired? I don't want to solder the board.

--Illah

Get some conductive paint or pen from a defogger repair kit @ a auto store.

VDDIM has to be mesured with a MM unless you want to do OCH winbond chip modding.

Update:

I killed motherboard doing vcore mod. Pics look big but the actual parts are so tiny. I didn't have the right tools, used a big clumbsy soldering iron with thick solder. Wouldn't boot even with clear CMOS, think I shorted something..

So baught new one and running ok on default. The variable vdimm mod is too difficult, tiny little connections, no way I can solder a wire on them without the risk of killing my motherboard again so will go for 3.2v mod and see if my RAM ok with it.

I baught some Conducting Silver Paint L100. Hope this is ok for vcore mod, it's in tiny bottle and liquid seems very runny almost like water.

Will let you know how I get one but I do think conductive pen or paint is best for vcore mod unless you are professional physicist!

Last edited:
VDDIM can be done with smd grabber's and a vr take very little skill.

Yea I saw some soldering tools in Maplin but I don't want to risk it.

I did vcore and 3.2v mod with the paint. They both worked ;) , I used a small flat screw driver np.

Congrat's/

I'am using the paint vcore method but the need for adjustable vddim is pretty high with TCCD.

I really don't know how it's possible to solder tiny thin wire on to pin9 and not short to some other metal. Too much skill for me so I did 3.2v mod.

I tell a lie when I said I did 3.2v with paint, the vdimm measure area was still 2.7 so I bridge it with a wire and solder. Vdimm measure is giving 3.14 but it's covered in solder now so does anyone know which pin in dimm I can use to measure vdimm to proove if it worked?

Very pleased I did vcore without killing my motherboard this time. 1.050 give 1.450 ish in bios so working, can't wait to push my Diego 3700 KACAE to it's limits. It was donig 2.2ghz 6 hour prime95 stable @1.20v!! Looks like could be good one, got my full cooling system running - 23'c idle. :thup:

Last edited:
jonspd said:
Get some conductive paint or pen from a defogger repair kit @ a auto store.

VDDIM has to be mesured with a MM unless you want to do OCH winbond chip modding.

Where do you measure from?

--Illah

I know that, that's how I measured vdimm pre doing 3.2v mod..

But now that area is covered by a wire and solder and I don't know of any way to see what my RAM is getting. I only want to measure it once for verification.

Sure I heard someone saying they took measurement from a dimm.

OC'd to 240x11 using 1.54v not bad. 2.64ghz still 29'c idle ;)

Last edited:
I did the R3107 Vdimm mod to get 2.9V, but when doing Memtest or Prime95 the measured Vdimm is jumping all over the place! My meter is jumping between 2.68V and 2.8V. I doubt if that is going to add any stability for overclocking. Anyone else measure Vdimm after doing the Mod and running memory intensive programs?

JWilson said:
I did the R3107 Vdimm mod to get 2.9V, but when doing Memtest or Prime95 the measured Vdimm is jumping all over the place! My meter is jumping between 2.68V and 2.8V. I doubt if that is going to add any stability for overclocking. Anyone else measure Vdimm after doing the Mod and running memory intensive programs?
you ram timing are incorrect. that would cause it.

RAA said:
I know that, that's how I measured vdimm pre doing 3.2v mod..

But now that area is covered by a wire and solder and I don't know of any way to see what my RAM is getting other than Winbond mod but I only want to measure it once for verification.

Sure I heard someone saying they took measurement from a dimm.

OC'd to 240x11 using 1.54v not bad. 2.64ghz still 29'c idle ;)
Not recommended. could short the dimm slots.
I dont see why cant read vdimm from were you soldered.
If you buy a 15 watts soldering Iron that has a narrow shaft and practice should improve your skill. Also you can buy wick to remove the excess.
have you read the soldering guide? link posted in the opening post.
Soldering guide
soldering guide2

Last edited:
Ok I won't try reading from Dimms.. thnx again. :)

I haven't done a great job of it and I do need to read up on soldering techniques and buy some decent soldering equipment but at least i'm up and running atm.

The 3.2v vdimm mod is bit messy but no shorts and when I take read right from very top of wire where it meets default 2.7v area it gives 3.14v so more than likely it's worked.

Only thing that was happening before was occasional CTD in D3D and .exe errors which does sound like not enough vdimm. Passed prime95 6 hours and memtest, 32m superPI np on 2.7 so can't check it that way. Have to see how it runs D3D to be sure - my case is very cool 27'c atm I put a case fan blowing towards that 3.2v mod about an inch away from it so hopefully i'm good to go.

Last edited:
Anyone have any trouble gettting the vdimm mod to work? When I put it in place either with conductive ink or soldering wire the computer won't power on and the power LED just blinks. When I remove it it boots up fine so I know it's the vdimm mod causing the problem. I'm doing the 3.13v mod - it's driving me mad! 2.7v won't even let my BH-5 run at 200MHz stable, 2.9 gets me to 220-ish, 3.1v would be ideal.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

--Illah

I had the same problem when tring to do the jumper from red pad to vddim mod with bh-5 2x256 system wouldn't post with mod inplace but without the mod it posted fine?

I dont know what could cause it. Maybe ram doesn't like vddim it's getting/.

Back