• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage for overclocking fx 6300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DavidGD

Registered
Hi guys. Can I get to 4.4 GHz with my specs?

Processor: Fx 6300
Motherboard: Ga-78lmt-usb3 rev5.0
Cooler: Hyper 212 evo

How much vcore do I have to put? And how many hours do I have to run prime95?

Thanks

That board is a bit under powered but should be able to reach that speed. Hard to tell you a set voltage as all CPU/board combinations respond a bit differently. Probably 1.4V maybe more maybe less. You'll have to test. Start with 20 minutes on P95 till you have you voltage then do a couple hours. You will also need to watch for throttling, Disable APM if you find it in your BIOS.

I am trying now with 4.1 GHz and 1.3v and everything is doing fine (2 hours on p95), max temp 57 C.

Saying this, should I try reaching 4.4 GHz? How many vcore approximately?

Which temperature is that? Max core/package should be ~ 65°C and socket temp around 70°C

You have a bit of room but not too much. Is your CPU fan maxed out

I wouldn't go any higher. How's your case for air circulation?

OK I just thought you might need more airflow. The temp seems a bit high to me but it's probably because of the motherboard. Quick test if you take the side door off the case and stress test and the temps go down then you need more fans in the case or just better ones

65°C for core and 70°C for the socket so you're about as high as you should go. My point was with 1.4V @ 4.3 GHz your temperature seems a bit high for the H212E. I thought it would be a bit lower but as I said the motherboard has a lot to do with temps and that one has only a 4 phase VRM which will produce more heat which is likely adding to your core and socket temp

For the cooler? Did you check the case by removing the side? It helps if you know where you need the air before getting it

Back