• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VRM Heatsink for 6950?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks again. The only thing I think I left out is the backplate. The card sags a tiny bit on the end farthest from the DVI ports (although not much since I wrapped the 3-pin fan plug and the PCI-E power plugs help balance it somewhat). Hitting up the hardware store this weekend to get some nuts & washers to mount the backplate for better stability (also the black backplate looks pretty cool).

Why not just use 4 zip ties at each corner to hold the back plate? That's what I did and it works great. No fires :) And when I touch the back plate, it does feel warm so it is working to some degree (pun).

Why not just use 4 zip ties at each corner to hold the back plate? That's what I did and it works great. No fires :) And when I touch the back plate, it does feel warm so it is working to some degree (pun).

Just did this, and it looks straighter (though I didn't test it with a level or anything fancy). Doesn't look that great, but as long as the card is rigid enough I'm happy with the results. Plus it was easier than remounting the cooler again..

Back