• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 BSOD (0xF4)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plazzed

I've recently had two BSODs within five days, and need to get some help with them. Not exactly sure what's causing them, as I haven't had any trouble with this computer for ages.

i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz (stable)
GTX 580
16GB RAM
Corsair Force GT SSD
Small handful of HDDs
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

The dumps are attached. The first one said 'KERNAL_MEMORY_ERROR' or something of the sort, while the second said something along the lines of 'A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.'. Both times while this BSOD happened I was watching some TV shows I downloaded while playing WoW (nothing intensive), and probably had a handful of other programs opened at the same time.

Any other information you need, please ask.

EDIT: Both crashes are actually NOT the same. The 11/6 one is 0x7A and the 11/11 one is 0xF4.

Attachments

• crashdump.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Have you tried running prime95? I see you marked it as stable, but with an OC in place, and getting bluescreens - that may not really be stable any more. Doesn't mean its the CPU, could be memory too. Or could be a bad driver even... But I'd rule out it being stability by doing a long run of prime95 to heat things up and see if you can reproduce the error by applying some heavier stress.

I'll run P95 next time I go to sleep. As far as memory, I just got finished w/running Memtest86+ for about 10 hours (5 passes, no errors).

Also, I don't read dumps. Most people I know that read them only do so for application related debugging, not for troubleshooting windows errors. I'd check the windows system and application event log and find the exact time of the BSOD's, then look in both places for any warnings or errors that occurred just before the BSOD - that may lend more relevant troubleshooting info (at least in my experience).

Back