• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED W7 PRO NO DVD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,

No dvd in my W7pro....any offers on how to re establish?

Tried re booting and removing most of poss affecting programs from my panel...

Opened my tower disconnected and reconnected all cables....( this solved previously but not this time ) ...

All Good advice welcome,

Berne:chair:

Are you saying that Win7 won't recognize the DVD drive?? If so it's likely the wrong SATA you have it connected to, or the port is configured incorrectly.

I took out cables and reconnected them. After bootup still no DVD in mycomputer.

I don't know anything about ports or how to check or configure?

Berne

Is there a disk in the drive? By default the optical drive isn't seen when empty.

Hi,

I cannot get the drive slide to open so I don't know if there is a disc in it?

Will remove all cables and reconnect again, more later.

Berne

You can manually open the drive via a paperclip pushed into the tiny hole on the front of it.

Don't ask me how??? But my DVD drive is today there and fully functional !

Many thanks to all replies,

Berne

Hi,

I cannot get the drive slide to open so I don't know if there is a disc in it?

Will remove all cables and reconnect again, more later.

Berne

If your OS isn't recognizing it, AND you can't open it, then the problem isn't software related, it's physical.

Poor power connection, port, or failing DVD drive, most likely.

Media Drivers

Hi All,

Solved this....

Always ensure that you have the current media drivers for your GPU instailled and Current...

DVD drive issue resolved.

Berne:chair:

NOTE: I have had a recurring bout of the original DVD problem....after some hardware checks I just took a leap and bought a new DVD player.....after two months....not one problem.....old DVD player was only two years old but ...it would seem thats enough to wear it out.....?

Last edited:
Back