• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 Pro Privileges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,

Just tried using the DOS programe to run the SFC utility......popup states I don't have sufficient privalages and I am the only user of this pc and as far as I know I am the sole administrator ....what checks AND corrections do I make with this error?

Tried also to use the CHKDSK and got ......invoke this utility using elevated mode?

All good advice welcome,

Berne:(

You just need to run the command prompt with elevated privileges.

Start > Type "CMD" > Right-Click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator"

You tried running both the SFC and CHKDSK utilities from an elevated command prompt, and received "insufficient privileges" errors?

Hi,

When I get to the black DOS screen and right click I don't get an opition to run as Administrator?

Tried again to run the SFC commond in DOS....message reads......: You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility?

All good advice welcome,

Berne

Before you get to the Command Prompt window, right click on the program itself and pick Run as Admin.

Accessories

Hi,

Many thanks....Accessories and then were good to go.

All the best guyz , thank you.

Berne:)

Back