• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 Three Pack License Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

Some time ago I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium Three Pack. I only used it once and that was on a surplus laptop I purchased from my company. The company sometimes sells surplus machines to employees at a very good price with the understanding the hard drive will be completely erased and no OS will be provided. On all new machines, the company replaces the factory installed OS (XP in this case) with their own licensed company standard image so, to stay legal and secure, they must totally wipe the hard drive when the device leaves the company.

We just purchased a new Ultrabook and are now going to sell the laptop. I want to simply do a clean install so there is no chance of any of our personnal information or software becomming available to someone else.

The three pack came with a single product code to be used for all three installs. How do I do a clean install, on the same machine it is already installed on, without using up a second of the three installs?

If the hardware hasn't changed RHOXS the install should not use up another of your keys.

Thid I read through that link a couple times....I still did not see the part that pertains to OEM 3 packs,where the key is the same for all 3 copies. I only see info in that link for upgrade or 1 full License. Just wondering.... maybe its me.:shrug:

It doesn't matter if you have one license or 1000 licenses. Microsoft keeps track of all the active ones for you. I own the three pack as well and those instructions work perfectly.

Thanks for the responses. The three pack came with a single license key so the same key must be used for all three installs. The laptop hardware is static so it will be exactly the same hardware. This whole thing may be a moot point anyway because I have had the three pack for a year or even much more (just don't remember) and have only used it once and have no additional uses in mind at this time. Thanks again.

Back