• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Walmart and liteon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
schismspeak said:
I'd open it in front of them if I were you.
yeah from now on, im making all my purchases with my credit card even if i have the cash on hand, and im opening all of them in the store too

Silversinksam said:
Contact Wal Marts Corporate Office and remind them of Sam Walton's 3 Basic Beliefs the company was built on.

• Respect for the Individual
  • Service to Our Customers
  • Strive for Excellence

Edit I tried to find the main corporate office numbers at Walmart.com and they make it VERY hard to find, so for pissing in my pot, I will give you an e-mail address that is sent to EVERY member of their board of Directors, including the Chairman. I had to dig through their Quarterly reports to get this e-mail, Send these guys your complaint and I bet it gets fixed.

[email protected]

Ok the ethics hotline is: 800-wmethic
This should revive the vision "Sam" had.

Walmart definately repackaged the thing. You were ripped off from them, not liteon. Don't give up until you've got a fix to your problem. Walmart will cave in. Just throw their values at them like SSS mentioned. It's not that big of a deal to write merchandice off in the retail world- but it's still much easier to just tell the customer to talk with the manufacturor. If you make it more of a pain for them to have to deal with you rather than just give you what you want, then they will give you what you want.

But the sooner you take some action, the easier it will be to get what you want.

I think the truth was already posted above. Cendyne doesn't make drives, Lite-On does. I'd lay money Cendyne has sold Lite-On produced 52X CD-RW drives, and one of them got into the wrong box at the factory.

I can't believe Wal-Mart is being this way about it. I would have exploded on them so fully they wouldn't have cared if I could spell sister much less had one. I also would have immediately gone to another Wal-Mart, as it is unusual for them to refuse a return.

yeah they finally gave me a replacement drive, i dont think it happened at the factory though. because there wasnt any of those egg carton type things that holds the drive in place in the box.. instead it was filled with random crap to keep it from moving around and the free blank dvdr and software was missing. Im still pretty mad that i had to go through all this, just to get what i paid for... And thanks for the help everyone

although this is gonna make me sound like a typical punk kid, you shoulda just went to kinkos and reshrink wrapped it, then they never woulda questioned it, although someone else would have the problem....

I didnt even know they did shrink wrapping, however id feel bad knowing that somone else could be stuck with this POS and have to deal with the same crap i did, so i dont think i would do that

Albaholic said:
... i dont think it happened at the factory though. because there wasnt any of those egg carton type things that holds the drive in place in the box.. instead it was filled with random crap to keep it from moving around and the free blank dvdr and software was missing.
Ahh, I did not realize the state of the packaging. Definitely happened in a WalMart's charge. Glad you got the situation resolved in the end, and yes, It would seriously miff me also if I had to jump through that many hoops just to get the product I paid for.

BobSassafrass said:
although this is gonna make me sound like a typical punk kid, you shoulda just went to kinkos and reshrink wrapped it, then they never woulda questioned it, although someone else would have the problem....

Two wrongs do not make a right. And if he got caught then they DEFINATELY wouldnt give him a refund ... ever.

larva said:
Ahh, I did not realize the state of the packaging. .
yeah that was my fault, i didnt really describe how it was packaged, however on the outside it looked fine, im just glad i finally got what i paid for.

Back