• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want input from people very knowledgable in the computer hardware scene.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

Here is my current setup.

Gigabyte GTX 770 2gb windforce

i5 4690k on a cooler crap cater cooler that is 47-60 on load..(i've attempted to overclock but its just to complex for me, I dont know the exact things to do so its at stock.)

Mother board is GA-Z97X-UD5H (rev. 1.0)

HDD's 128 840 EVO pro, 500GB WD BLACK, 2013 build date

8 GB Ballistix 1866 MHZ ram

BenQ XL2411z

Ducky Shine mechanical, black switches.

worn Death adder 2013 mouse

My grandfather called me and said "I want you to order what ever pars for your computer that you need, keep it around 400$" I was in shock at this point, but nonetheless.

I have 400 to order whatever I want for my PC. Id like to respect what he said and not use it elsewhere. So my question is.. What would You do to this PC with 400$. I play counter-strike.. Once in a great while Ill play battlefield, I grew up on 1942 and CS before steam came out, and I just have played WoW and CS ever since.. I just want some thoughts an ideas, because truthfully I cant decide what to do..

ANYONE that has a second, PLEASE give me your input! LOL.. This is an awesome day, but a weird decision.. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

You have plenty of input in your other, identical, thread.
Please keep it to one thread per topic, making multiple only ends up with confusion.

No really, I was thinking graphics, but now it is everything. Noone has given me an idea, and i didnt know how to delete that thread.. I was hoping for responses, like thoughts on what the best use of 400$ on this machine would be.

Noctua NH-D15. OR take the dive into watercooling. $400 would get you started.

Then you can watercool the 770 you have and overclock that K chip like mad ;)

GTX 970 and a Noctua DH15. That'd be just about $400. The top end air cooler would probably be enough to generously overclock that i-5.

Back