• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning! Do not buy this res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=59_318_659&products_id=38770

I bought two with four MCP35X pumps. With the pumps installed, they will not spin or pump. It's like the impeller is too tall for the res and is being stopped against the res. This happened with both res's and all four pumps.

I connected all four pumps uninstalled and turned them on (just for a second) and they spin fine.

It must not be compatible with MCP35X pumps because if you buy it with pumps, it comes with 3.2 versions. Nowhere does it say you can't use MCP35X. It says they "recommend" 3.2 pumps for PWM, but MCP35X has PWM too. It says made for DDC pumps.

The MCP35X is a Laing DDC 3.25 with an added PWM circuit.
Not to mention that the EK-BAY RES Dual DDC Serial is an EOL product on EK's site.

Probably because it's an old product, like almost everything else that goes EOL.

Go ahead and email them, but good luck getting a refund from EK if you bought from somewhere else.

That's what credit card double the warranty/guaranteed return benefits are for. :) If PPC or EK won't do a refund, I'll get it one way or the other. I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I am not going to get ripped off.

That's what credit card double the warranty/guaranteed return benefits are for. :) If PPC or EK won't do a refund, I'll get it one way or the other.

Go to PPC first, since they're the retailer, and just explain that you need a different dual-res housing since this one isn't compatible.

I know on some reservoirs (ie monsoon) they send (2) gaskets with the pumps to change the depth the impeller sits in the well. Are you sure there weren't other parts or pieces you can use instead?

Nope. You have to use the standard pump o rings. All they supply is longer screws, the filler cap, and an allen wrench for the cap.

Just my 2 cents with PPC about 2009 I bought a couple of 240 mm fans with led's. Neither fans led worked and blamed it on me for something I did. I still have those fans unused in a box.

Then recently I bought the Swiftech Helix 120's one made a weird noise in the pull position. Contacted them and all the said was fans are never bad new and if I sent it back I'd have to pay shipping both ways. I said well how about I send you a video of the problem. Ok they say and I sent the video to them 3 or 4 days ago and haven't heard a word from em since.

I guess they don't want to honor a RMA.

[URL=http://tinypic.com/r/w6vz42/8]Fan Video[/URL]

Last edited:
Those kind of reservoirs, even a similar type from Koolance in the past always had issues like you described. They don't sit well and the water is underneath the pump(s). It's a pain to prime and bleed.

I'm using my dual Malestrom for my CPU loop and it's working fine. The water temp sensor molex plug had both wires come out of the plug (that's probably why version 2 doesn't have it), so I just cut the wires off. I could have fixed it, but I really don't care about water temps.

For my GPU loop I'll use a Photon 170 with an extra pump in the loop somewhere.

Those kind of reservoirs, even a similar type from Koolance in the past always had issues like you described. They don't sit well and the water is underneath the pump(s). It's a pain to prime and bleed.

This^^^

the reason why this one and the koolance one is bad is because it ignores what everyone should know: you should not / can not operate the DDC "upside down".

Attachments

• EK-IM-3830046995513.pdf
    564.8 KB · Views: 122
I'm using my dual Malestrom for my CPU loop and it's working fine. The water temp sensor molex plug had both wires come out of the plug (that's probably why version 2 doesn't have it), so I just cut the wires off. I could have fixed it, but I really don't care about water temps.

For my GPU loop I'll use a Photon 170 with an extra pump in the loop somewhere.

Or just get a D5 Photon, pump attached already.

Back