• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WARNING! Important information about eVGA 680i board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gdogg said:
did using ac5 help with temperatures? or fix any issues?

if so, by how much, and what issues?

I can tell you one thing,my mouse don't jump all over my screen anymore:D
Also my temps for my CPU is down 3C,it runs so hot I think it transfers to the CPU just because there is so much heat..

thanks, but how about the chipset itself?

I hear it could easily reach 70C, does it stay more in a safe range like, 50C now?

Man, i'm planning on using this board in my upcoming build. After reading through this thread i was kind of nervous... thinking i may need to wc the nb. lol. Looks like i may just need to re-apply some AS5 and then all will be well. Lets hope i get a good board. lol.

eVGA & NV have released the P23 bios that is supossed to fix the issue. I have downloaded it and have it on a floppy ready to go. I am now piecing my rig back together so i can give it a try. I will post back in this thread with my results. Stay tuned....:D

*edit...eVGA P23 bios link

Last edited:
krag said:
eVGA & NV have released the P23 bios that is supossed to fix the issue. I have downloaded it and have it on a floppy ready to go. I am now piecing my rig back together so i can give it a try. I will post back in this thread with my results. Stay tuned....:D

*edit...eVGA P23 bios link

I saw that @ 3:45 am I was still up,just happen to catch it on EVGA board,so far it seems more stable at higher clocks for me,I didn't have the sata errors but my mouse was all over the place above 3.5ghz now it isn't:D

gdogg said:
thanks, but how about the chipset itself?

I hear it could easily reach 70C, does it stay more in a safe range like, 50C now?

I don't have anyway to check chipset temps,but it is cooler to the touch and piece of mind it is done right:)

Welp, my board is just refusing to cooperate. The NVraid.sys file will not load no matter what I do. I used the nvraid driver floppy and then tried my own thru evga download and still the problem. I did finally gte te file to load after about 7 tries and then proceeded to install XP but it BSOD'ed a few minutes after that. I am not fiddling with this board anymore. I have a newegg RMA number and it is being shipped off tomorrow. Too bad ther is no refund on this board cause I would be refunding it instead of replaceing it

krag said:
Welp, my board is just refusing to cooperate. The NVraid.sys file will not load no matter what I do. I used the nvraid driver floppy and then tried my own thru evga download and still the problem. I did finally gte te file to load after about 7 tries and then proceeded to install XP but it BSOD'ed a few minutes after that. I am not fiddling with this board anymore. I have a newegg RMA number and it is being shipped off tomorrow. Too bad ther is no refund on this board cause I would be refunding it instead of replaceing it

I have heard that if you call NewEgg they will issue a refund even though it says on there site they won't,woth a try.

Dave65 said:
I have heard that if you call NewEgg they will issue a refund even though it says on there site they won't,woth a try.

Its worth a try. I'' do it tomorrow

Hey guys, just a quick update and solution for the backplate issue on the Tuniq tower 120 on mobo's. the solution I found was buying some "Kavan clips" . these can be purchased at any hobby store that sells radio controlled models. The cost is $2.00 USD for 6 kavan clips{you only need four]. These are heat resistant plactic linkages use on R/C model Aircraft , and Cars with gas engines. when you get them home, cut the heads off using a dremel tool, and use it as a spacer between the mobo, and the metal backplate. the o/d is perfect for the screws, and the thickness makes it impossible for the backplate to contact the back of the motherboard, or crush component. It works perfectly with the mobo mounting bolts to the case with clearance.

have fun , and enjoy!

Back