• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Chiller made out of....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnt_Ram

...a counter top ice maker. anyone ever done this? i have a ice maker that is fubared, but the cooling unit is working. i also have a table top wine cooler that i never use.

i want to make a water chiller and would like some thoughts from those that have made a homemade one :)

It might be worth a shot. How many watts does it draw from the wall? It should say on the label.

If it doesn't burn up from the constant heatload, that might do a decent job of keeping a CPU nice and cold. I support this project.

The Wine Chiller is TEC-based (usually) so you could pull the TEC out and reverse the cold side on a waterblock/put a decent heatsink on the hot side and help with the heatload.

Chances are that it is a 40-90w model so you shouldn't have trouble plugging it in to a spare PCI-E or even molex connector if it is <50w qmax

the wine cooler has a TEC in it hey, interesting. i'm going to do this project i just need to find some plans. anyone have any suggestions on the water chiller build? the TEC part i can handle :) but the water chiller is a completely new thing for me, im quite a noob when it comes to extreme cooling ;)

Back