• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Chilling Guides?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ub3r-L33ch

I'm now confident with my water cooling skills so I'm curious about doing water chilling now. It's gonna be awhile before I actually do it, so I have plenty of time to read and learn, cant seem to find any good stickies for it though.

I need the most dumb downed versions out there, I have very little common sense :)

Thanks.

Other than the "call to arrange pickup" it looks like an a/c that will do the job. I would check in local trading newspaper for something cheaper. I don't know what you have in your area, but I found an a/c for $50 in my local 'trading post' newspaper.

Can dehumidifiers work as chillers?

LabRat23 said:
I can sum up a guide real fast for you.

1: buy a cheapo 500+ btu/hr window a/c

2: open it up and pull the temp sensor off the evap

3: GENTY bend the pipes of the evap so you can dunk it into a cooler.

Its that easy.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6799
\

Wow that's pretty easy. Now wonder alot of people do that rather than direct die phase change, must be a hella lot easier to set up (probably cheaper too)

I've heard of people using a dehumidifier, and I know they have all the a/c components you need, but I never opened one up to see what could be done with one.

Back