• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ghettocomp said:
teh only problem is that on
some PSU's there seems to be a slight voltage present on the heatsinks inside. Another
problem is that there are some parts inside that seem to need some air flow to cool as
well. Once i get around those minor problems, I think that I will be good to go :)
ugh, i know about those problems 'first hand'...a way to get around it may be a thin layer of some kind of isolating thermal paste.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
ugh, i know about those problems 'first hand'...a way to get around it may be a thin layer of some kind of isolating thermal paste.

Dunno if Id be comfortable with paste. Thermal tape works. What if the paste spread too thin?

The thermal tape would transfer enough heat and is not conductive (most isnt, make sure you double check). Not to mention some give a pretty strong bond.

And as for the heatsinks being live:

SharkyForums thread link

Back