• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooler loop sounding noisy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtyme07

Hey guys! So I have a Corsair H50 cpu water cooler that has been running flawlessly ever since I got it about 6 years ago. However, recently, it has been getting noisy like I can hear the water circulating through the loop and it does not sound like things are running smoothly in there like it used to. I was just wondering what you guys think is going on and if I should replace it or if it will just be a simple fix like adding more water to the loop potentially. Never had any issues with it, never had any leaks and has all around been a great cooler. Please let me know! Thanks!

Up to you really as I have my H50 I gave to my brother which is about 5+ years old as well. Could be the pump on its last few or build up that hasn't clogged it fully yet. With that said, now would be the time to keep a close eye on it. Usually when they get noisier and being that old.

I would be replacing that ASAP.
The H50 isn't exactly a great AIO in the first place, I'd hate to see you lose a rig because it failed.

You guys think I should get a new water cooler, and if so what one would you guys recommend for just the cpu?

I'd say that a Glacer 240L V2 should be your best bet.
Just double check that it fits in your case.

Just grab a dual rad AIO and stick it to the top. Just make sure which ever AIO you choose to do some measurements and do some google searches to see installations without a hitch.

I would be replacing that ASAP.
The H50 isn't exactly a great AIO in the first place, I'd hate to see you lose a rig because it failed.

With the thermal shutoff features on cpu's and GPU's he would hardly lose anything... These features have been on CPU's for god 10 years now lol. I have turned on my PC many times forgetting to plug in my eheim pump after I cleaned the system or what not and all the computer did was run for like 5 minutes then shut down.

You could turn a computer on without a heatsink on the cpu and all it would do it is shut itself off.

Back