• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling an Asus 980 ti Poseidon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

novelltt

Hello,

I built a skylake based system 6700k i7, asus z170 deluxe board, corsair h110i gt cpu cooler, seasonic 860w power supply, cosmos ii case, 950 pro hd and the Asus 980ti Poseidon video card....

I did not account for water cooling the vga.

Would http://www.swiftech.com/MCR140-X.aspx this be sufficient??? Can someone please suggest a radiator pump combo for the video cards since it has already the waterblock from the oem.

Would a H90 from corsair.... be able to be used???

If anyone is willing to share their expertise and suggest a solution to cool my poseidon 980 ti I would appreciate it.

Hmm, on swiftech's site you linked, it looks like the setup in pic has a 9XX series card being cooled by the MCR140X. Maybe at stock speed it'll cool more or less like the card's stock cooler, however once you start ramping up the voltage/speeds, it may have a little trouble given it's a single 140mm rad. You might be able to add a secondary 140mm fan to get a push/pull setup which might help.

*Edit*

Given the card has a wb from stock and a heatsink with fans, I'm sure the MCR140X will do nicely.

thanks for your time to reply :) In my position what would you do? Do you have a different vga cooling solution in mind considering the card stock has the wb and heatsink and fans?

I believe you could run that card on air but if you push it like Neb said, you'll need some water for it. That rad should work fine or even a 240/280mm.

Back