• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling disaster (part II)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey quick question, I guess i decided not to go with a RMA cuz it'll just be too much work :-/ heh, so i'll try to get the barbs in right and seal it up completely... would a better idea be to

1. buy some copper barbs and seal it up with silicone (because the silicone doesn't stick onto the plastic)

2. stick with the plastic barbs and get some marine goop

3. buy some copper barbs and seal it up with marine goop

4. RMA it

and would i Use teflon tape too?

call Peter and tell him your problem, ask him if he has a copper topped unit (yet) if he does see if he'll trade you + the difference in cost..if yess to all of the above...do that as it appears you need a bullet proof solution.
wj

I agree with wymjym. Fixing it would not be an option if it were my block. It already failed once and chances are it will fail again. Besides the effort it will take you to seal the block will be pretty much the same as the effort it will take to RMA it.

Back