• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling noob needs input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys, this is an awesome idea. So much so, I trashed my system just to see if it would fit. I am ordering a new Cheiftec aluminum case and going to start completely over. My current heater core with fans fit perfect. The fan that you see the front I will build a front seal that seals to the side of the case. Damm, I wish I had thought of this idea. This is great. Air moving from side to side without introducing any air to the case. I will place an additional 120mm side case fan to supply air to the case with the rear two 80mm fans pulling air from the case.

P0001416.jpg

P0001417.jpg

P0001418.jpg

Last edited:
Well I thought my idea was kind of origional, HA. Everything has been tried here, anyway i will be doing mine this weekend so i will post pics and see what you think. SHODAN, good minds think alike. ALso take a second look at DodgeVipers pic, i was think of something like that for a smaller case, but take what he did and put the exhaust on the bottom of the case (with some descent legs for exhaust) and the radiator in the front.

DodgeViper said:
Guys, this is an awesome idea. So much so, I trashed my system just to see if it would fit. I am ordering a new Cheiftec aluminum case and going to start completely over. My current heater core with fans fit perfect. The fan that you see the front I will build a front seal that seals to the side of the case. Damm, I wish I had thought of this idea. This is great. Air moving from side to side without introducing any air to the case. I will place an additional 120mm side case fan to supply air to the case with the rear two 80mm fans pulling air from the case.

I thought of it first, I thought of it first!!! :D :D

Yes skahtul, I'd bet someone thought of this long before either of us, but that doesn't make it a lesser thing to think of it on your own. Why, I do that sort of thing all the time! Just a couple of weeks ago, I had a great idea for a completely different kind of piston-based pump mechanism that would yield unfluctuating high pressure output, run off of rotary drive, and do so in a minimum of space! It turns out it's called an axial piston pump. :rolleyes: I like to look on the bright side: now I know my concept really works! :)

EDIT: geez, I could at least spell your name right!

Last edited:
Skahtuls pictures look like kids drawings compared to SHODAN's pics. Any pics of my system comming. Hey, check out my other system here , what do you think?

Oh and also, where do people get those small plastic grey boxes to put their sump-pumps into?

skahtul said:
Skahtuls pictures look like kids drawings compared to SHODAN's pics. Any pics of my system comming. Hey, check out my other system here , what do you think?

So it seems you can build but can't draw, and I can draw but can't build! lol.gif Just kidding. :)

skahtul said:
Oh and also, where do people get those small plastic grey boxes to put their sump-pumps into?

Do you mean those outdoor electrical boxes? You should be able to find them at either a "Home Depot" or at a dedicated electricians supply store.

THe big case posted in my avtar is getting a serious overhaul. The new system i am building will have a mini-fridge for assisted cooling. If you like my first one, check out my LAN PARTY case. I am going to try to see how i can get this case water cooled, right now it has an Antec Tornado TO LOUD.

skahtul said:
THe big case posted in my avtar is getting a serious overhaul. The new system i am building will have a mini-fridge for assisted cooling.

Yes, I know; I partook in that thread, remember?

If you like my first one, check out my LAN PARTY case. I am going to try to see how i can get this case water cooled, right now it has an Antec Tornado TO LOUD.

I can see the work you put into that, but over all I don't really like it nearly as well as your big one. :rolleyes: Bigger pictures might help though, as I get the feeling I'm missing a lot in those little ones. I do like the fan trim. :)

Back