• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Or Minneral Oil?? Which One Would You Choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha I was going to post just that. Many bacteria find glycol to be perfectly palatable.

I usually run a capful of iodine and some pond algaecide and I haven't had a single growth issue since i started using that mixture.

All good the guy gave me. Deal and gave me. Free fan switch controller cuz they where out of stock on the military one I ordered, but I did buy 380$ worth of liquid cooling parts from him soo...lol

hey chase, come over here i see.

as already said no need for anti freeze just the pt nuke.

i would like proof of this please.
As said previously, this does happen, in fact--here's a picture:
gunked400.jpg

And the article it is in:
http://www.dansdata.com/burning.htm

When using dissimilar metals in your loop, galvanic corrosion can occur. This is a problem that still exists today, for those of us using block with aluminum tops or other aluminum parts along with copper. I have even seen anodized Swiftec blocks corrode just like this.

As said previously, this does happen, in fact--here's a picture:
gunked400.jpg

And the article it is in:
http://www.dansdata.com/burning.htm

When using dissimilar metals in your loop, galvanic corrosion can occur. This is a problem that still exists today, for those of us using block with aluminum tops or other aluminum parts along with copper. I have even seen anodized Swiftec blocks corrode just like this.

That's only with mixed metals, the OP had all copper parts (as far as I know) so corrosion isn't an issue. He made it seem like corrosion could happen in an all copper loop.

Looks like an abused George Foreman Grill anyone had a go with lard in there system?
#Chuckles##

Can we clear this up into a sticky this time?

Ya, this thread has got carried away. Normal thread. No biggies.

Good choice of pics tho, it really shows why we moved away from Alum. And stick with common metals now, or ones that play nice on the playground with each other.

Anti Fr is old school when peeps did all sorts of fun stuff, experiment. Back in the day when WC was like the wild west. Still has it's purpose for peeps who toss the rad out the window in Michigan, valid cooling method.

Ya, this thread has got carried away. Normal thread. No biggies.

Good choice of pics tho, it really shows why we moved away from Alum. And stick with common metals now, or ones that play nice on the playground with each other.

Anti Fr is old school when peeps did all sorts of fun stuff, experiment. Back in the day when WC was like the wild west. Still has it's purpose for peeps who toss the rad out the window in Michigan, valid cooling method.

LMFAO.....i used antifreeze when i lived in michigan..every winter I put my rad in the box where the a/c wall unit stayed in the summer.

now im in oklahoma and still use g-11pentosin and pt nuke keeps the loop clean and uv reactive blue.

Back