• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Temp Monitor/Fan Control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

streat

Alright so Im hoping to assemble a few pieces and I;m not quite sure if what i'm looking for exists. Ideally I would like a few separate items, a thermometer I could include in my cooling loop that would link to my computer via usb or some other fashion, a series of fans to be linked to my computer, software to interact between the two and increase fan speed with an increase in water temperature.

I know that fan controllers do something similar but I cannot find something that will modulate the correct voltage to as many fans (24+) as I am looking to for the life of me.

Wrong forum. We have a WC forum. You should also read about water cooling and what is involved.

Maybe you should head to the right forum and read the BIG yellow words.

You do know in your weeks of research they make temp sensors and fan controllers to manage that all? If you know nothing about this yet and you want to control 24 fans. you have NO idea.

The fan control hardware and the temp sensors and the HOURS of getting the software right is over $500. Just to buy the stuff. Aquero. Look it up.

Or are you just dreaming? To do the wiring for 24 fans is a few days as a hobby to get right........

I am new to the forum so I apologize if this is the wrong section. As I said in my original post i am AWARE of what fan controllers have to offer and I am AWARE that 2pin water temperatures sensors exist. I am looking for a better software controlled solution. The large number of fans is the result of a multi radiator setup on several loops cooling several nodes.

No worries.

Just setting it straight.

Glad your aware about 2 pin temp control. No mention you had done that research. We get all kinds here. Dreamers etc. Folks with no clue.

You didn't mrntion Aquaro or others in your first post, I'm sure you know of them.

I must ask, why measure so much water temps and fan control? The temps of the parts your cooling is what you want to monitor and setting fan speeds is as easy as turning a few knobs when you want to push the PC to high load temps. Not loading the PC? Turn a few knobs down.

Not sure what your needs are or your budget. Aquero can do it at $300 or so easy.

Tell us more of your plans.

Back