• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrowHd1

Hey,

I've got a question, will this watercooling system keep this cpu cooled?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($322.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($208.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($186.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($269.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($619.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($619.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition 62.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($14.95 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition 62.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($14.95 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Mionix NAOS 8200 Wired Laser Mouse ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2796.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-26 18:11 EDT-0400

Custom liquid cooling:

EK High Performance CoolStream 360 PE Series Liquid Cooling Radiator (EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple))

EK DDC X-Top w/ 3.25 PWM DDC Pump - Acetal (EK-DDC 3.25 PWM X-TOP CSQ - Acetal)

EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-Supremacy - Acetal)

EK-MultiOption RES X3 400 - Liquid Cooling Reservoir (6 Total Ports)

Bitspower Matte Black G1/4" Barb Fitting - 1/2" ID (BP-MBWP-C01)

XSPC FLX Premium Grade PVC Tubing - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) - 2 Meter (6.5 Feet) Retail Pack - UV Red

Mayhems X1 Coolant Premix - 1L - UV Red

Thanks!

Welcome to OCFs.

Your list looks good for a CPU only loop as already posted. I am surprised you're not watercooling the GPUs.

One thing that caught my eye was your reservoir with that case. I would make measurements before purchasing such a large size reservoir and make sure it fits and you have access for filling and bleeding the loop.

As for the tubing and fluid, I would go distilled water with a silver kill coil and Primochill Advanced LRT tubing.

Don't forget with have lots of watercooling information for beginners in this section under the yellow stickies up above. Also this is another great site of product information for the water cooling world.

Welcome to OCFs.

Your list looks good for a CPU only loop as already posted. I am surprised you're not watercooling the GPUs.

One thing that caught my eye was your reservoir with that case. I would make measurements before purchasing such a large size reservoir and make sure it fits and you have access for filling and bleeding the loop.

As for the tubing and fluid, I would go distilled water with a silver kill coil and Primochill Advanced LRT tubing.

Don't forget with have lots of watercooling information for beginners in this section under the yellow stickies up above. Also this is another great site of product information for the water cooling world.

what about this resevoir, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...l?tl=g57c615s1940&id=yRCwChPa&mv_pc=473#blank

it's smaller,I think that will fit 100%

Back