• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ouch. Ok then. Well generally it is better to go with a 240 rad on a custom loop than a single. Are you going to be doing a lot of overclocking? Have you looked at aio sealed systems?

Ouch. Ok then. Well generally it is better to go with a 240 rad on a custom loop than a single. Are you going to be doing a lot of overclocking? Have you looked at aio sealed systems?

Sorry I'm new to this what is the diffrence between a custom loop and a single loop? Also would this one be better? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CPU-240...49008?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item27e9baa9b0

Yeah I did look at aio but didn't like it much seeing as you can't see much of the water cooling process and tubes etc..

I wouldn't touch the kit on ebay, or really majority of watercooling gear I would stay away from on ebay.... Also I would not touch dyed water, as it is nothing but problems down the road.

To top it off, you seem very worried about pricing and getting it "cheap". I would simply stop you right here and say that if you really want to make watercooling a hobby for yourself, save up to get quality components and put in the research time, OR the other option is to simply get a cheap all in one kit from Corsair, NZXT, etc.

Watercooling is not something to get into if you are on a tight budget. What about if something just happens to go wrong and you spring a leak, effectively killing ALL components in your tower, can you afford to replace everything that fried? My opinion is, if you cannot afford to replace everything in your tower if something catastrophic were to happen, then water cooling is NOT for you.

Yeah but have you seen their prices I'm sure there must be a more affordable way

When I bought my rig I was looking at watercooling too, I wanted to get something cheap and good too and in the end decided that you can't get a proper watercooling set for less than €200,-. Highflow is one of the cheapest ways to get you watecooling parts in the Netherlands. As you found out yourself shipping costs are quite high and you would have to pay import taxes too.

I wouldn't touch the kit on ebay, or really majority of watercooling gear I would stay away from on ebay.... Also I would not touch dyed water, as it is nothing but problems down the road.

To top it off, you seem very worried about pricing and getting it "cheap". I would simply stop you right here and say that if you really want to make watercooling a hobby for yourself, save up to get quality components and put in the research time, OR the other option is to simply get a cheap all in one kit from Corsair, NZXT, etc.

Watercooling is not something to get into if you are on a tight budget. What about if something just happens to go wrong and you spring a leak, effectively killing ALL components in your tower, can you afford to replace everything that fried? My opinion is, if you cannot afford to replace everything in your tower if something catastrophic were to happen, then water cooling is NOT for you.

+1 :thup: This!

That is a very good point. If you aren't doing high overclocks and dont necessarily have the need to watercool just stay air. Or go with an AIO system so its less of a hassle.

Back