• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling MOD/Problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like you've done your homework but I wouldn't do this mod. I don't think that 58c is high for a 220 watt TDP CPU.

edit: This is one power hungry CPU I'll tell you what. I've seen posts of 60c on idle so 58c under full load is very cool in relation. My concern for you is that this pump will not handle the extra resistance that you are introducing. I fear for your 8 core CPU.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've done your homework but I wouldn't do this mod. I don't think that 58c is high for a 220 watt TDP CPU.

edit: This is one power hungry CPU I'll tell you what. I've seen posts of 60c on idle so 58c under full load is very cool in relation. My concern for you is that this pump will not handle the extra resistance that you are introducing. I fear for your 8 core CPU.

yeah it was not much , but i wanted to have this 1º experience.

on watercooling (more or less) , currently the loop /system is running , no leaks and i took all the air out , yes it was hard at 1º to get the loop going , but now is working flawlessly , now ... the thermalpaste is still setting in , 4 more hours+- , but from the 1º test ive done, the MAX TEMP goes to 57º
same as it was going on the STOCK cooler (58º), but whit one big change , whit the STOCK took around 2.5Minutes to get to 56º now it takes 5.5 minutes to get to 56º. but ill post pictures and SS and logs. :) .

but i got shooted in the foot by CM ... the intake of my pump isnt the one they say it is .... its the top entrance not the lower one found that the hard way after i starting filling the loop.

EDIT:.
the 1º test ive done i had the case all open , and no fans getting air inside once i have the case closed and fresh air going in , ill make a final test as i did whit the stock cooler, for comparisson and to show you guys.

THANKS FOR THE HELP AND HEADS UP , IT HELPED A LOTTTTTTTT !!!!!

BEST OF ALL I STILL HAVE ALL MY PARTS INTACT (PC PARTS OFC) AND THE LOOP LOOKS CLEAN , CAN W8 TO SHOW U GUYS !!! :)

Last edited:
Just a sneek peek :).
reservoir is still not in the final place it will go up a little bit more.
5.jpg

I used the a Silicon soft tubbing thats why it dosnt show the green aswell in the tubbing as in the reservoir ... always learning , and i keept the same diameter of the original tubbing exacly to try to prevent/forseing the lack of power of the pump to move a bigger colum of water , like it is shes(PUMP) its almost the same amount of water she needs to move the diference is that theres more liquid in the system, ( i Think) :O

Last edited:
Back