• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling on my A64 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hey guys. How do I go about putting the waterblock onto my CPU if my mobo doesn't have the 4 mounting holes? I just checked out my Soltek and saw that it doesn't have them that's why. The waterblock I'll be installing will be a RBX or TDX (still deciding). Thanks.

un fortunatly i don't have my camera with me but right now oyu have a fan setup for a64 rbx at least you remove the fan holddown and then you screw it in to the motherboard backing plate.

basiclly there are 2 screws on that fan holddown you remove those screws and you see 2 holes. in those 2 holes you put the hold down equipment for the tdx/RBX then you put the block on top and you screw it tight.

EDIT: Best thing that i can show you

http://e.1asphost.com/mils128/MYWC/DSC02654.JPG

the litlle screw thingy on top is what holds down that RBX

Edit If you look at the RBX from eye level you look on the left and right side and you can see there is a sigle hole on both sides in the longest length that is where.

sry i can't provide a better example

Last edited:
If you're going to get a new WB, as it appears you are in your intial post, there are options on DD's site when you order the block for the kind of system you'll be putting the block in.

wow massive, u got the kingwin cooler. hows it workin out for you? im looking into picking one up for my next build but am not sure how it all works. iv read a few reviews about it and it seems pretty good. i plan to do a few mods to it though to get better heat dissipation. my air cooled setup rigt now is cooler than your water, BUT, at a cost of listening to a 92mm tornado at full spin, and 3 smart fan case fans at full spin. not something anyone should have to listen to continuously. thnx for any feedback.

I love it. As you can see, I removed the radiator from the 5-1/4" bay and relocated it to my rear 120mm fan. I've since shrouded that fan:

120mmradiator.jpg

Here's the 80mm radiator with a spacer, which I've since redone so the rad is on the bottom and the fan is on the top, sucking:

80mmradiator.jpg

I could leave the fans all on low when gaming, but leave them to medium just for that extra 1-3C extra cooling.

I really got it for the benefits of cooling my video card over the CPU as A64's don't run all that hot.

wow, sweet setup massive. im gonna have to do my setup and see how well it works out for me. ill post up some pics and description when im done. for the most part, i see everyone always saying not to get a kit. but for 100.00 i cant complain. gonna start getting parts for my new build this week, dont wanna fork out to much cash all at once hehehe. thnx for the reply too, much appreciated.

NP, dmatko, and thanks. I don't really regret buying the parts seperately. I know I could have built a better WC setup piecing it out, and the only 'regret' I could have is being looked down upon by 'hard core' WCers, but like you said, 100 bucks..........getting a GPU block in addition to the CPU block, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me. I also like the fact that I can keep my hard drives nice and cool in the stock locations (usually you have to relocated your HD's to the 5-1/4" bays where you have no airflow).........no need to cut up my case to fit a heater core. I also don't have to worry about transporting my case as nothing is externally mounted.

One word of advice: Evercool makes this same unit, but upgraded. It has a stronger water pump and the front panel has memory feature, unlike my current unit. Every time I shut my computer off the front panel settings reset. I don't use the temp monitoring feature anyways, so it's not big deal for me, but if you plan on using the thermally controlled fan header, then it is a big deal (there's still a manual speed control knob for a second fan, which I do use).

Back