• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooliong - leak test - getting air out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droidene

Registered
Hey boys and girls.
I have a couple question.

I today poured liquid into my waterloop for the first time and only powered the pump.
The begging was i heard sort of gurgling but not anymore....i guess that was air getting trough pump.

1. How long should i let pump going to check for leaks and getting air out of the system?

Note: I have carefully tilt the cabinet a little in all direction.

2. How much liquid should i fill? I mean all way to the top? Leave a little space?

3. Is it safe to let computer run 24/7 or it not a good idea? Safet to turn off while sleeping i guess.

4. The plug on top of reservoir where i poured liquid.. should i close it complete or getting a sort of valve pressure plug? At the moment there no plug as im letting air getting out of there.

yep your pump will make the most noise when you first bump it to get the tubes and blocks filled. you can close the res up after the first few hours(sooner if you dont see any more air going into the res). you should know within the first few hours if you have a leak or not. altho i generally run my loop overnight during leak testing/purging. only because a slow leak can takes hours to show up. it usually takes a couple of days for most loops to finish purging, depends on size. during that time i try to lean and turn my case all around until i know for sure where the air is most likely to be pooling. then i just lean/turn to purge that specific spot. as far as how much coolant to add its up to you for the most part. you can leave your res half full or fill it up to the top. i keep my res filled to the same level everytime i have to do any maintenance. that way i know for certain if any more air has come out of the loop. i try to run my loop for at least 24hrs after filling. as you get more experience under your belt with your specific loop you will come to know how much time it should take to fill/purge/leaktest etc.

Back