• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wavey image

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yoric

Registered
my watercooling system is keeping my 1600+ XP at 38 load but a week ago I turned on my computer and descovered that it was coverd in water. It turned out that the base of my res had a crack in it and had dripped a quarter of my coolant through my case onto my desk.
I dried everything off and put the res in a plastic tub where it is right now.
the next day I booted the system up and everything still worked.
over the weekend I used my computer excessively and on sunday my grfx card decided to make the screen go wavey on me. Still I am glad it did not fry everything.

Wow, that's lucky. Is the vid card back to normal now. Hope everything stays ok. Ya gotta be carefull with watercooling. It's best to keep the reservoir a little distance away so that stuff like that won't happen. Glad everything turned out ok.

Cheers:beer:

PhoenixMDM said:
Lol, i keep my resivoir in the case, and the radiator strapped to
And not a single leak yet:cool:

That's a similar plan to mine. I'm going to mount the radiator on the top of my case (and pray that it doesn't leak water all over all the components) and keep the reservoir at the bottom just in case anything does leak.

As for the wavy image, I have no idea what the solution would be. Just make sure there isn't any deposits on the card that might connect traces.

Oh, and make sure there are no electrical things around your monitor. I'm sure you would already know about this though. My desk fan has to stay over 2 feet away from my monitor because it interferes and makes the screen wavy.

That's weird, i keep everything near my monitor...

With my dell, my speakers are right up against the left and right sides of the monitor.
And my watercooled sys, i keep a speaker on top of the monitor, and the comp right next to it, and i'm using a Digital 17in monitor there.

**BTW- Digital was a company a long time ago that was bought out by Compaq. The monitor has a make date of March 1997.

PhoenixMDM said:
That's weird, i keep everything near my monitor...

With my dell, my speakers are right up against the left and right sides of the monitor.
And my watercooled sys, i keep a speaker on top of the monitor, and the comp right next to it, and i'm using a Digital 17in monitor there.

**BTW- Digital was a company a long time ago that was bought out by Compaq. The monitor has a make date of March 1997.

Those are computer speakers, am I right? Computer speakers are magnetically shielded to prevent interference with monitors. Same usually goes with the center channels of home theatre systems.

The ones against my dell and on top of the digital are comp speakers.

The 2.5 foot tall stero speaker from 1992 less than a foot away from my dell monitor is a diff story!:p

Back