• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wb top cracked... leaked into gpu slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
next time use isopropyl instead of water wetter.

hrmm, know any substances that dissolve water-wetter?

is it polar or non-polar?

ILikeMy240sx said:
I thought pure water (h2o) is a VERY weak conductor where as tap water conducts electricty very well because of many many ions in it... Isn't that why we all use distilled water? correct me if im wrong

Tap water can be hit or miss... Everyone has different concentrations of minerals in their tap water. Relative to solvents with salt in them, distilled and tap water both have very low levels of electrical conductivity.

Distilled water is altogether cleaner than tap water, and will keep deposits from accumulating in your watercooling loop over time from continually adding water to your loop, and water evaporating.

Lower conductivity of distilled water is nothing more than a small perk and isn't very considerable, lack of mineral deposits and gook in distilled water is a definite improvement over tap water.

You could try some of that contact cleaner that comes in an aeresol can. It will clean out the AGP slot very well and will dry in a jiffy. What block was it?!?!!? :D

poMONKey said:
im more worried about the water wetter than the water... nothing popped or turned off... the vid card just couldnt work and it showed! pretty colors...

theres really no way to get into the gpu slot and clean that gookie ***** out, tho... right?? how do i get that crap off the connectors?????????

goto your nearest wal-mart or kmart and get a nintendo game cleaner!!!! (the old NES or 64 one's) that should work to clean the connectors.
Rob

yes PLEASE i've been following this thread waiting for conqueror's question to be answered

What block was it??

Back