• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD VelociRaptor 3000glfs RAID 0 prep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gentlemen! Behold! I have successfully put my newest VR in with my other VR to form RAID 0! Installed with no problems! I used a 64k stripe and I did a HD tach test and only got 427 =( how do I get a better score?

427 what? If that's burst speed, so what, that measurement is worthless. Average access time and sustained transfer rate are the only meaningful data really.

I just ran HD Tune 2.55 and my following results are Minimum: 141.6 MB/sec, Maximum 230.5 MB/sec, Average: 182.9 MB/sec, Access Time: 7.0 ms, Burst Rate 169.0 MB/sec, CPU Usage 29.5%!:confused: That seems a little high for CPU usage don't you think? Are these results decent? This is with Write Back Cache disabled.

Wow talk about update! Just enabled Write Back Cache and following results are: Minimum 132.2 MB/sec, Maximum 235.9 MB/sec, Average 192.9 MB/sec, Burst Rate 1602.5 MB/sec!:drool: Is that about on par now for VelociRaptor RAID 0 bench?

Intel Matrix but thats been said, I like a 16K stripe myself on the 3X150 AFDF's, but I might be weird I guess.

Works for me but I have a couple arrays going and just personal preference.

:beer:

The JMicron stuff just sucks to be blunt about it hehe :)

I did forget about maybe a velo and intel conflict I guess mine the regular ones, but I still haven't seen JMicron do much right on much that I've ever read :p

Well hopefully that Velo and Intel conflict has been done with because I got it working and am hoping that nothing goes wrong!:-/

Enjoy those drives. Solid setup for people looking for speed and some more storage space. Did you short stroke your drives, or just 1 big raid array?

It's just one big array :) what is this short stroking that I've been hearing about anyways?

Back