• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weight of air coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Opusbuild

About to install a coolermaster hyper 612s with two fans onto my mob. It's seems that it will weigh about 1kg, just wondering if these weights are safe to hang off the mobo.

I noticed that all high end air coolers tend to be quite heavy, I guess after all these years something would have been done with weight of them was causing any problems.

the only issues i have had is i had a regular intel pushpin cooler on for ever and it eventually warped the board so bad the cpu wouldnt make good contact. but it wasnt weight just sheer mounting pressure and lack of a backplate

the only issues i have had is i had a regular intel pushpin cooler on for ever and it eventually warped the board so bad the cpu wouldnt make good contact. but it wasnt weight just sheer mounting pressure and lack of a backplate

That's surprising, the intel pushpin cooler seems so light.

Im a bit perplexed by that as well. I mean he stated it wasnt the weight of it that did it, but the tension, however, that thing barely stayed on when I used them so not sure what was up with his!

lol i wasnt sure what was going on either it just stopped booting one day i was like wtf so i pulled everything out and noticed the board was all concave at the stocket, bretty bad, eventually put a backplate and cut off the pushpins put some screws through and bam started working again and straitened out the board

Back