• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well got my second OCZ DDR Booster and LED isn't working...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, now I'm disenheartened. My booster arrived yesterday and I was going to install this afternoon, but now I learn my Enermax PSU could lead to some further issues! And I just put it in to push my new Ultra. Geez! I will state one thing, The enermax 600w I purchased provides much more juice than my Antec true 480 ever thought about. I never even heard the Vantec Tornado on the CPU until I installed the Enermax. I thought something had broken in the damn thing when it first wound up! Plus there is no visible fluctuations on the power rails during games or testing, when the Antec would be +/- .6v on the 12v rails, and +/- .05v or greater on the CPU. Well, that led to the purchase of the Vantec fan control unit. Geez. Does it ever end?

You don't really want an answer to that last question, do you? Where do you think the "Madness" part comes from?

By the way, to annoy everyone (includes me) that bought it at $10 OVER MSR, it is available now at SVC for $50. Just had to get it right away, didn't I. Well, I can always look back someday and say that I got a DDR Booster the FIRST day they went on sale, for whatever that is worth. Probably not $10.

How's this for a component list?

OCZ PC3500 Plat. Limited Edition (bh-5), OCZ DDR Booster, OCZ Powerstream PSU.

Fire up them bh-5 puppies now.

No, its not my components list, more of a wish list. I do have 1 out of 3, though...does that count?

Just checked your sig. Nice! So did I understand you correctly that you are going for 3 out of 3 then?

I've just recently read some good reviews of those PSU. If you are getting one, which of the three, 420/470/520? You strike me as the 520 kind of guy.

I'm hoping the enermax works, I can't spring for anymore goodies at this point. I'm locking up and heading home now so I'll know in a couple of hours whether it works or not. I'll be sure to post.

I missunderstood the "see if it works" part. I thought you were referring to the 3 out of 3. Hope it does work. It seems like the cash is always flowing in the wrong direction with this "hobby".

Back