• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We've gone a LONG way in video technology!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just remember my 2400bps modem (that could FAX too!!!), and my Disney Sound Source (anyone remember that?) It came bundled with **** Tracy, so I got it, also because I couldn't afford a Soundblaster or Ad-Lib. I remember paying several hundred dollars for my DOUBLE speed CD drive, and then it wouldn't even work without getting a Soundblaster16 MultiCD to use as an interface card. That's like $500 total, just so I could Groliers encyclopedia (there was no Encarta yet!!!)

ahhhhhhhh the sweet nostragelia! I actually had a commodore64, it was l33t back then. alot like a consol gaming system rather than a computer. You just plug a game cartage in the keyboard or rather between its thickness. I also had a huge 5.25" floppy drive for more games! I bought a nintendo system afterwards. Then super nintendo. My dad had a electronic typewriter before his first computer LOL! computers were so expensive then! He bought a 386 20MHz but he said "too slow" so returned it for a 486sx 33MHz which he paid like $1800 for plus another $300 for a 14" monitor. all from packard bell. Yea they were prevelent back then, like a third of the computers were from them. after the pentium 166mmx I got packard bell lost market share and the pentium3 500MHz was the last of them I heard. I think NEC bought em out. I dont miss packard bell, everyone says they used proparity parts *cough* onboard video *cough*

Back