• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what additives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s002wjh

like to know what additives i need to protect loop from microbial and corrosion. prefer non-color/clear

I use EK cryofuel clear. What components in the loop? Nickel plated blocks can experience some corrosion with copper sulfate (blue PT nuke) or silver kill coils. Benzalkonium based PT nuke would also work if you were trying to go minimalist.

I use EK cryofuel clear. What components in the loop? Nickel plated blocks can experience some corrosion with copper sulfate (blue PT nuke) or silver kill coils. Benzalkonium based PT nuke would also work if you were trying to go minimalist.

i notice some teal/green stain attach to my res, could be corrosion. i have nickel plate+copper block, and i only using PT nuke + distill water.

possibly, would have to look at the block. If temps seem OK I would do a good flush and switch to something like cryofuel clear.

Mayhems X1 clear + silver kill coil

Been in my loop for close to 2 years straight now, no flakes, no growth. a bit yellower nowadays, but still everything seems to be good.
(Loops should be cleaned yearly however, I'm just really lazy in that department :p )

Distilled water with a silver dollar in the reservoir. Found no gunk after almost 2 years of running when I swapped for a Ryzen 3600. I’m using silver plated copper fittings.

Where on earth did you get silver plated copper fittings? Most fittings are brass, but I could see nickel plated copper.

Mayhems X1 clear + silver kill coil

Been in my loop for close to 2 years straight now, no flakes, no growth. a bit yellower nowadays, but still everything seems to be good.
(Loops should be cleaned yearly however, I'm just really lazy in that department :p )

Quick question. How much X1 do you add? My loop takes about a liter of fluid and I added 4 drops this time because I had slime growth last time. Its been running about 3 weeks and the slime is back. Granted, I am adding dye. Just curious if I am not putting enough PT nuke. I have a kill coil as well.

Quick question. How much X1 do you add? My loop takes about a liter of fluid and I added 4 drops this time because I had slime growth last time. Its been running about 3 weeks and the slime is back. Granted, I am adding dye. Just curious if I am not putting enough PT nuke. I have a kill coil as well.
Honestly, I can't quite remember!

It's been quite a while. The stuff I have/used came to me in a clear bottle and was a little yellow (when mixed with distilled, it was totally clear) smelt like wine a bit too! lol
Anyways it seems it was one bottle per litre of water (100ml/ 1000ml of water) according to this PDF.

Dyes are okay, but we usually like to used coloured tubing instead as some dyes precipitate out and clog things up. Perhaps that's whats causing the slime?

Back