• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What anti-virus and tune-up software do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have Norton Security Suite but only because it comes free with Comcast, so figure I might as well take advantage of it. CCleaner and MalwareBytes too on occassion.

Defrag is disabled due to running a SSD, but do enable and run it manually on my HDDs but the files change so rarely it's not often I do it.

You do not need to disable defrag in W7 if you have an SSD. If you run the WEI after your SSD is installed, it will turn it off for that drive only. ;)

Yeah, I did read that somewhere and had given it some thought but realized with how little I even need to run defrag, it won't hurt to just fully disable it. Better safe than sorry anyways, right :)

I suppose, but it wont run, period, so there is no sorry. Its safe if you run WEI and leave it alone. ;)

Back