• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What brand to choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the SATA cable connections are flimsy and break easily?
Does that mean that it is safer to go for PATA drives because of that, once that the gain of going SATA is not noticeable?

Nilo said:
the SATA cable connections are flimsy and break easily?
Does that mean that it is safer to go for PATA drives because of that, once that the gain of going SATA is not noticeable?

No, I wouldn't go back to PATA because of that. I don't see any flimsiness in the connectors, of course they aren't as huge as PATA's, but who's going to rip on the connectors anyway?

So, this means that I can go for one of these two, right?
Can you help me pick the best one?

- Seagate 7200.7 200Gb 8Mb Barracuda - 117
- Western Digital SATA300 2000JS 200Gb - 120

Maxtor, no, right?

Seagate - Warranty, Performance, Reliable, Not noisy, charge for an advanced replacement, ... ?

WD - Even better Performance, Reliable, advanced replacement for free, ... ?

Which one?
Another thing: What about the platters? Are these two options better than get a 250GB HDD from these same brands?

Nilo said:
Maxtor, no, right?

Seagate - Warranty, Performance, Reliable, Not noisy, charge for an advanced replacement, ... ?

WD - Even better Performance, Reliable, advanced replacement for free, ... ?

Which one?
Another thing: What about the platters? Are these two options better than get a 250GB HDD from these same brands?

I'm guessing you want the densest platters possible. No one confirmed this, but apparently my 7200.9 Seagate 160GB has ONE platter. Yes one platter with 160GB on it.

Back