• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dandooo

Hi guys. I am new to this forum :) I would like to ask you for advice. I am a complete newbie to hardware so please dont get balistic about my simple question hahah. Lets start from beginning. I recently bought all components for my brand new pc. My friend "advised" me what to pick. Everything is fine apart of case (Corsair Carbide 100R mid case) or cooling system (Corsair H105). Basically case is too small to acomodate the cooling system or the cooling system is too big to fit into the case. Final proposal? I think is is better and a little bit cheaper to change the case rather than the cooler. So there is my question - What will be the best case for this cooling system I already have. My preferences are: smart- dont like fancy stuff; with window; max 130 pounds. All help is much appriciated.

can you list the rest of the components so we can make sure there is not other conflicts with the case. Can you also list anything you would like to see from the case. Such as, Case style tower vs cube, preferred form factor matx vs atx, number of front bays etc.

My specs:
Asus MAximus VIII Hero
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Strix
corsair h105
cooler master b700 -power supply

Definitely tower case. I already have GPU so atx and prefer to keep it simple so double usb + micro and headphones sockets. Anything what may be usefull please give me advise.

thanks

Really any full tower case from a good brand name will work well for you. If you are looking for a specific recommendation you can check out the corsair 750d here. This is a well reviewed case that has plenty of room for expansion and is well thought out and build quality is good as well. A lot of what you will want comes down to your personal aesthetics. It might be better for you to pick a few cases that you like the looks of and then post them up and we can give some feedback.

My all time favorite is a Corsair Air 540. It is not strictly a tower case per se but it might interest you, you can find a link here.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also check out this thread for a list of cases and reviews.

Have you considered modding the case or exchanging the cooler for a smaller one? I had a cooler master haf 912 and I mounted my h100i in the front of the case by removing the drive bay and cutting the bottom piece of that first optical bay you have up there. There was still enough room above it to use the very top 2 optical bays or 3 1/2in whatever you wanna call them. I was able to still use a 3tb hdd up there and a 1 tb hdd and a dvd drive after the cooler mount. I wasn't afraid to mod the case as it was easier and cheaper than buying a new one. But the inside of the case up front had the exact same setup you have. It would be a very easy task. Those rads are very light, especially after the pump is mounted to the cpu. A couple screws and a couple zip ties is all you need to make it work. That little 100r is a decent looking case.

The H105 is a good cooler, however based on your requirements, I doubt you plan to overclock anytime soon? Have you already opened both the case/cooler? I'd probably just exchange the cooler personally...

Back