• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What chips do OCZ VX series use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can not wait to get P4 2.4C from Matt, I got one at Fry's for $156 :(, and it 12 caps.
I have around 4 set 1Gb UTT under difference maker. I ran the quick test and I got the highest FSB is the KVR kit. The Patriot, Kingston, and Geil never get burn in, I only ran them around 15mins.

- Here is the Geil screen shot, at the first I cant run them in dual channel I have to ran one stick at a time at 260 with Vmem 3.7V, they are worked fine. I run them again with dual channel and system boosted but restarted right after 1 min. They are barely hit 258 2 2 2 5 with Vmem 3.7V, the VcoreB showing on SpeedFan is exactly with what OCZ DDR Booster showing but the VcoreA is way off, my Vcore is 1.7V. I thing this Geil ram will run stable at 250 with Vmem 3.5V

geil%20258.JPG

Will post the next one later!

Last edited:
- Here is my OCZ PC2700 UTT got, I love this pair, they are can not get higher with more voltage. I think they are max at 260, and they wont hit over 250FSB with Vmem lower than 3.5V. At 260 they are look more stable than Geil.

OCZ%20260.JPG

- Here is my Patriot, I got this screen shot yesterday when I got this CPU. They can run 265 with Vmem 3.6V ~ 3.7V. At this speed I have not done any 3Dmarks but used around 6hrs last night. Look like they are good with lower voltage but wont go any higher with more voltage.

Patriot%20265.JPG

Oh, they can boost up at 268FSB.

- Here is the KVR, I got them up to 267 Vmem 3.8V, stable for benching. I never think the KVR UTT can go that high, this kit is brand new. They can boost up to 270 but could not get in Windows. Will they get higher after burn-in? I am whishing the burn-in will work on this KVR:D.

kingston%20267.JPG

And here is my OCZ PC3500 BH-5 (512 kit), they are rock. They could run up to 273 but system get restarted when I try to run memory benchmarks. Look at the Vmem, 3.9V, :(

OCZ%20BH5%20270.JPG

Those are solid results though, particularly the KVR and Patriot stuff since they're 1GB sets. 270Mhz is about the best I can get my two best sticks to do as well. 260Mhz seems to be a quite a performance hurdle for UTT.

Back