• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Hello all its been awhile , but now i have come to the masters cause im not up with Hardware

i was wondering what is good CPU to match up with a RX 5700 XT

i'M SO OUT OF THE LOOP , im ashamed ,alot has happen since my Wife passed away 1yr ago
i now have my Daughter back in my life to help me out

but i have ordered myself the 5700 xt gfx and im running the 6700k , but it's time to put this cpu to bed

so what would pair my 5700 XT

Thanks in Advance

XRogerX

Hey man, welcome back! Sorry to her about your wife... :(

As far as the CPU to pair with that GPU, I would look at AMD, 3700x with X570/B550 motherboard, or Intel i7-10700K and Z490 based motherboard. Either CPU will easily drive that GPU. If you game at 1080p, the Intel will offer a couple % better FPS, but for a price premium. AMD has caught up (and then some on core count) so you really can't go wrong with either... you'll likely spend less on AMD, however. :)

Sorry for your loss Rog.
E_D is giving you good combo's. You would do well with either.

Hello all its been awhile , but now i have come to the masters cause im not up with Hardware

i was wondering what is good CPU to match up with a RX 5700 XT

i'M SO OUT OF THE LOOP , im ashamed ,alot has happen since my Wife passed away 1yr ago
i now have my Daughter back in my life to help me out

but i have ordered myself the 5700 xt gfx and im running the 6700k , but it's time to put this cpu to bed

so what would pair my 5700 XT

Thanks in Advance

XRogerX

I'm an Intel fanboi, and recently upgraded from a i7-2600k to an i7-8700k, but I wanted to go for better than what i actually needed to help "futrure-proof" my computer better. I returned the 8700k in favor of an i7-9700k, and I'm a little disappointed in both of the recent Intel chips. I paid a lot more for Intell, and if I had to do it all over again I wouldve gone with AMD this time. I dont think Intels recent chips are as good as the chips they were producing when the i7-2600k came out. That bugger was still running things at ultra settings with no lag or hiccups, unless they were caused by other components like my old GPU. I recommend AMD right now.

so what Mobo would you Recommend for the 3700x with X570/B550

I see you are a bencher. :)
So......in true enthusiast form, my choice would be an Asrock X570 Taichi.

Those are a couple of crazy expensive motherboards. Lots of good B550/X570 choices under $200.

Hey man, welcome back! Sorry to her about your wife... :(

As far as the CPU to pair with that GPU, I would look at AMD, 3700x with X570/B550 motherboard, or Intel i7-10700K and Z490 based motherboard.

with this Said , should i go with a i9-10900 or i7-10700

Hey Rog, welcome back! Sry about the passing of your wife, my condolences.

As for your new chip/board, all the guys gave some great suggestions to push your new gpu. Since you're sticking to intel, You can reuse that swiftech cooling. I'm going team Red as I'm pretty fed up with Intel's shenanigans. Going with a 5800X. For the board I was looking at the ASrock X570 Taichi or the Extreme 4. The MSI X570 Tomahawk and Asrock's X570 Velocita also captured my interest. Only downside is I have to get a new Cpu waterblock. I can get an AM4 adapter for my current block, but I'm sure it won't be enough to cool down a 5800X.

Good luck on the new build and keep us posted!

Only downside is I have to get a new Cpu waterblock. I can get an AM4 adapter for my current block, but I'm sure it won't be enough to cool down a 5800X.

A Raystorm waterblock should be able to cool a 5xxx series processor...

Original AM3 Raystorm on my ASUS x370 CH6E with 3950X:

2v2aoHTwMxAhvqS.png

Hey Rog, welcome back! Sry about the passing of your wife, my condolences.

As for your new chip/board, all the guys gave some great suggestions to push your new gpu. Since you're sticking to intel, You can reuse that swiftech cooling. I'm going team Red as I'm pretty fed up with Intel's shenanigans. Going with a 5800X. For the board I was looking at the ASrock X570 Taichi or the Extreme 4. The MSI X570 Tomahawk and Asrock's X570 Velocita also captured my interest. Only downside is I have to get a new Cpu waterblock. I can get an AM4 adapter for my current block, but I'm sure it won't be enough to cool down a 5800X.

Good luck on the new build and keep us posted!

i alrdy gotten the Z490 Extreme4

Back