• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What did I get into!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cooper58d

my frame rates are all over the place 27 110 10 any advice on bios settings for video card sapphire 9600xt 256 mb Nf7-s v 2 w/512 266ddr barton 2500. Also is there someone who can explain to me in dumb newbee terms on how to update the bios because the book and website confuse me. thanks for your help guys so far you've really helpd me out so far very professional and patiant. Thats honorable.
SGT -Coop-:eek: :confused: :drool: :bang head :cry: :sn:

Here's the absolute easiest way: After downloading whichever BIOS version you want, download FlashMenu. Install it. Then move your BIOS files (*.bin) into your flashmenu directory/folder. Then open flashmenu, choose flash from file, click your file, it will start loading it (or you might have to click another button like ok), when it asks you to restart click no, it supposedly "helps" to reload the file again using "flash from file"... again. Then when it asks you to reboot again... go ahead. Your done.

Or you could do it booting from a floppy of course. Which can be explaned if you wanna do it thata way.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the FPS jumping. They rarely stay constant, but mine don't jump around that much. Are you running what are you running when you notice it?

If you haven't already. In advance BIOS features, always disable system BIOS cacheable, video RAM cacheable, CPU thermal throttling, and all the other option on that page that have a % as an option.

Last edited:
DeathONator said:

If you haven't already. In advance BIOS features, always disable system BIOS cacheable, video RAM cacheable, CPU thermal throttling, and all the other option on that page that have a % as an option.
thanks that helped out alot I also noticed that my AGP frequency in the soft menu was at 99 :eek: I didnt run the computer for very long like that maybe 20 minutes. I don't know, It's running ok right now and my frame rates are alright. Do you think I could have fried my card or the agp bus? Thanks I feel like an idiot for not noticing that before.

Yeah, I don't think AGP bus hurts you too much, it can lower your max OC though. I was playing around w/ 3dmark at 88mhz w/ my Radeon 7200.

Also, the CPU disconnect funtion is another one you should disable.

thanks guys your knowlegde really is helping It acually's runnin pretty good not where I want it yet but good for now. right now I'm runnin the stock heatsink and fan on the CPU w/ artic silver my temps are 39 degrees C at idle and 42 C w/ a good load on it. To me this sounds a little high. any advice?
SGT -Coop-

the amd coolers are loud, ugly, and overall pretty crap

buy a good (read swiftech/thermalright) hs, and a high output fan (noisy, so get a fan controller if it gets on your ****), and youve already got the arctic silver, that should calm them down a little.

alternatively you could get some water or vapochill gear, but i think that might be a little extreme for the time being lol

Back