• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you do with your old custom loop parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richo999

My apologies to the mods if this doesn't belong here, then please correct me.
Recently I got more interested in a custom loop for my main rig and my retro rig (athlon xp) however when looking for parts (the retro rig), I couldn't find anything so I started wondering what you guys here do with your old loops when upgrading.

I try and sell the parts like the water blocks at first. But as I tend to only upgrade every few years when it comes to selling people often aren’t interested in a water block for a q6600 or whatever.

Tbh most of my old stuff is still at home in boxes lying about. The only things I have ever been able to sell have been graphics card blocks

Most of my stuff is on a shelf of stuff to sell. It sits there collecting dust as I tell myself I'll sell it one day and then never get to it.

I have a garbage pile, that's stuff that is dead but might have a good piece or two on it.
I also have a junk pile' stuff that works but i have no use for at the time, if some one is looking for something I have in the junk pile I let them have it but, not for money, for more junk.
an example, I was on the phone with a friend and he was having trouble with an old part, I had something he could use so I just sent it to him and made some room for other junk so, I bought more stuff from bassnut to fill that space in the pile.

Like Caddi if it has little to no value to me then I'll see if someone else can use it. If I know I'll use it again it goes in the (ever growing) pile. If it's a fairly valuable piece and I know someone here can use it I'll list it on the Classifieds.

C_D see inside
Thanks again Caddi. She's loaded up and ready for the cold weekend. :D
20171024_192748.jpg

good question Richo. i try to keep old systems and their wced parts together unless something dies. the only reason my back up is aircooled is because i didnt have a pump for it when i upgraded. altho like many i have a pile of beautiful copper that ill never get around to selling lol. i really dont sell my old wced parts unless i see a wanted ad in the classifieds tbh. rads and fittings are pretty easy to sell but the return usually doesnt justify selling them. so the pile grows and grows and...

What are you looking for I have a few old CPU and gfx (maze4) blocks) if you cover shipping you can have them .

we should start a thread in classifieds for people that may want to trade each others old wcing gear. we could list our old gear and see if anyone wants it!

Back